P0112 code (Intake Air Temperature Circuit Low)

KyleR

So the 350 has started throwing this code when idling for a short while (say 10 minutes when already warmed up) and intake temps are getting above 50℃. When driving the temps are getting down to where they should be, sub 20℃. 

If the temps where always high, I'd say the MAF was faulty, but it appears to be working correctly. Anyone any ideas on whats causing it, or how to fix it?

I've not had this issue but I'd recommend checking the intake pipes, airbox, and the connections up to the throttle body to make sure there are no leaks as a first port of call?

Hopefully someone else has more things to check. Do you happen to have an induction kit? 

Thanks @Rikz2004, done all that and it all appears fine, I even cleaned the MAF and it made no difference. However, I think the MAF may be faulty. When the light came back on again I plugged the OBD reader and cleared it again, checked a few parameters and watched the intake temps. They were around 45 and crept up to 51 and stayed there for a while before leaping to 205!! So I assume there is some kind of fault with it.

Anyone know where's best to get a new one? No interest in eBay copies, or paying £200 to Nissan lol

• 4 weeks later...