I’m looking at a 370z, advice please

Buckley

Hey all

long time no post, sold my 350z about 5 years ago due to new family addition but want to come back

ive seen a 370z on eBay that seems too good a price to be true

It’s listed at £7,300, 51k miles, 10plate

im not keen on colour but I can wrap at that price!!

what sort of things do I need to be asking about, I’m a bit out of touch since the 350, and what do you all think, it’s not difficult to find but I can’t see item number as I’m using my phone and rushing before work.

im 140miles away as well but that doesn’t bother me I just want to know what to look out for 

any help much appreciated

if you’d rather talk message me and I’ll call you back if it’s easier

Thanks

Wow that's a seriously good price - my HR I bought 6 months ago with 95k miles cost me £8 grand... 

Just checked the MOT history and it's never even had an advisory so that's a good start.

I believe the early 370z's also suffer from gallery gasket issues, so budget around £800 for this as it will eventually need sorting.

Also a lot of people find the exhaust to tame - so you may want to budget for an upgrade at some point if that's your thing.

The ebay details show Service History Available: Yes - so double check the service records against the P1/2/3 services due 

Here's a buyers guide I found linked on the forum: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/370z/62591/used-buyers-guide-nissan-370z

And here's the ebay page for anyone else curious: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-370-Z-3-7-GT-Specifications-19-inch-Rays-Forged-Alloys/202574339183?hash=item2f2a5f1c6f:g:cPwAAOSw4SxcSIZK:rk:7:pf:0

4 minutes ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

202574339183 Is the Ebay item number if it is the grey car. it looks good. i also think that it is a little cheap with that mileage on it but it might just be a great bargain. it doesn't say whether it is a cat s or n also. that could be making it cheaper.

I've run the reg through AutoTrader as if I were creating an Ad, and it doesn't show it as written off.  

Webuyanycar would value it at £9,135 which makes me a little bit suspicious of the ebay advert - why sell it cheap on ebay if you can sell it for more very easily?

1 minute ago, Kryptek49 said:

I've run the reg through AutoTrader as if I were creating an Ad, and it doesn't show it as written off.  

Webuyanycar would value it at £9,135 which makes me a little bit suspicious of the ebay advert - why sell it cheap on ebay if you can sell it for more very easily?

unless he has taken it to wbac and they have reduced their offer when they saw it (surely not haha) so they are just looking to offload?

I’ve had communication back....

apparently it is now located in Midlothian, Scotland as he has moved jobs

i have checked LinkedIn and it does show him as moving there 

he can arrange delivery for £150

I’ve asked if I can view the car prior to buying obviously so I’ll wait and see what comes of it

not holding my breath now though

thought it too good to be true

thanks for your help, appreciated 

if anyone around that area is free for a look soon could someone help out?

thanks

I seem to remember several reports of previous similar circumstances which turned out to be a scam.

Car ridiculously cheap, owner has moved away, car can be delivered, etc.  Be very wary.

If it is genuine check for a dodgy steering lock, it should be working with the fuse not removed, to avoid the costly repair when it fails. I suspect there will be a few around now where the owner has just removed the fuse to avoid the £1000 or so to replace the lock.

41 minutes ago, Buckley said:

hes replied saying payment by Google Pay Safe now

never heard of it before

think I’ll stay well clear

i dreamt for a short while

back to the drawing board now

is there any way of reporting this or is he ok to do what he’s doing!?

That's a shame it's a scam - not a lot you can do really.  Report it on ebay but it will likely pop back up under a different user name very quickly.

Good spot guys. Advance payment my backside. Despite the car being a slow seller still too cheap. Hopefully no one will fall for it. 

There was a 370Z online for £8000 with 125,000 miles but that was 4 months back. 

The minimum price should be 9k with 120 ish thousand miles.

Keep looking I rather buy from a dealer with good reputation though.

Edited by GranTurismoEra