Cobra Resonated - Big Smiles

Ponsonby

I failed already. Promised myself that I was going to keep my 350Z completely standard but had a Cobra Resonated exhaust fitted yesterday.

Wanted something louder than stock but not crazy loud (being an old git) so went for the resonated half system and it is just right.

Sounds great when you get your foot down and really brings out the V6 character. Worth every penny : )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jay84 said:

I've got the cobra too and love it. Mine is combined with Kinnetix HFC's so I'd be interested to hear the difference between standard and sport cats with it. 

I had Cobra Resonated first then bought kinnetix HFCs and it definitely sounded better afterwards

5 minutes ago, Peeege said:

Still undecided on a Cobra resonated as have heard may be a bit too " vocal " with a Roadster, any suggestions fellow Zeder's ???

Mine is just the half system so I still have standard cats and standard Y pipe. If you change the Cats as well then it will be a lot louder - not what I wanted.

The Cobra non-resonated system is also louder than the resonated.

When deciding what to go for make sure you get the full system spec - something like a simple half system change will sound quite different to that same half system with High Flow Cats.

50 minutes ago, Ponsonby said:

Mine is just the half system so I still have standard cats and standard Y pipe. If you change the Cats as well then it will be a lot louder - not what I wanted.

The Cobra non-resonated system is also louder than the resonated.

When deciding what to go for make sure you get the full system spec - something like a simple half system change will sound quite different to that same half system with High Flow Cats.

Thanks for the reply, I have the same set up so I think I will go for the Cobra res like yours.

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 11:38, Peeege said:

Still undecided on a Cobra resonated as have heard may be a bit too " vocal " with a Roadster, any suggestions fellow Zeder's ???

Had had the cobra on my 350Z roaster and iv got one on my current 370Z roadster. Not noisey at all unless you want it to be :band:

On 01/02/2019 at 14:01, fergie1471 said:

Had had the cobra on my 350Z roaster and iv got one on my current 370Z roadster. Not noisey at all unless you want it to be :band:

Nice one thanks fergie, my mind is made up now, will get one sorted and let you know :thumbs:

• Like 1