Greetings from Surrey

I am the REO for the South East. Quarterly Sunday lunch meets, first next month. Incarnation in Brighton in May, Leeds castle show in Kent and a few more. Keep your eye out or PM me anytime. I have scheduled the annual Ace cafe meet for June.

Edited by Payco

Just back from collecting the Z. A nice 50 mile trip from Winchester. Well, nice for the wife she drove it back and I followed in my Z32 :D

It's great that there more owners locally, looking forward to meeting up with everyone.

• Like 1

So I finally got round to taking some photos, after I installed a new stereo. 

She's an 03 Auto (jdm), really clean, got 61000km on with loads of history. Heated seats, Bose system with lovely Japanese sat nav. I've just put in a Sony XAV-AX3005DB. I'm really happy with the way it looks and sounds. I extended the USB, mainly for Android Auto and even got to keep my cupholders!

20190126_151537.jpg

20190126_151527.jpg

20190126_151823.jpg

20190126_154535.jpg

20190126_151837.jpg

20190126_151602.jpg

20190126_151708.jpg

1 hour ago, Kryptek49 said:

Nice - I've been eyeing up the 3005db for a while now - what do you think of it?

First impressions of it are really good.

Fitting was easy because, although it's a double din front it's got a single din chassis so there is loads of space for wires. I also didn't need to do the speaker wire mod, its loud with the phono connections. I read on here somewhere about turning the volume up on the Bose hu before switching off so I tried that. Maybe that's what did it.

The control panel is easy to use. The DAB interface is way better than the Pioneer in my other Z and Android auto seems to work pretty well. We are going on a 200 mile round trip tomorrow so it will get properly tested then.

7 minutes ago, vicktor_the_ predictor said:

very nice mate, cant wait until the day i get my car looking as clean as that!

Thanks, we're really happy with it.

Did a 200 mile trip yesterday on motorways and country roads and she behaved very well :D