Fuse for convertible roof - where is it located?

symbol-soup

Copied from another forum:

"open the battery cover under the hood, there's a small fuse box in front of the battery, on the cover there's the diagram telling you which fuse is for which component, there's two fuses for the roof, one is a big one with a 40A and there's another small one in 15A, I remember it's the 2nd one to the right on the top row."

You have not said what the actual problem, but given the time of year remember the hood should not be operated if temp is below 5 degrees (I think that is the right figure)

Edit: here is another link to the manual if you are still having trouble:

https://cdn.dealereprocess.net/cdn/servicemanuals/nissan/2011-370z.pdf

Edited by Ebized

16 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

Right click on link, then click open image in new tab, then open.

Got it open thanks.  However, I already have a copy of the manual and there is no mention of what fuse operates the roof, just location of the fuse boxes.  I haven't had chance to check the fuse box under the bonnet yet (I'll do that tomorrow in the light) but there's no mention of the the roof on the internal fusebox

9 minutes ago, Ebized said:

Copied from another forum:

"open the battery cover under the hood, there's a small fuse box in front of the battery, on the cover there's the diagram telling you which fuse is for which component, there's two fuses for the roof, one is a big one with a 40A and there's another small one in 15A, I remember it's the 2nd one to the right on the top row."

You have not said what the actual problem, but given the time of year remember the hood should not be operated if temp is below 5 degrees (I think that is the right figure)

Edit: here is another link to the manual if you are still having trouble:

https://cdn.dealereprocess.net/cdn/servicemanuals/nissan/2011-370z.pdf

Thanks for this Colin, I'll take a look tomorrow in the light. Much appreciated

I had the hood down two weeks ago and it was fine, temp was around 11C from what I remember.  I then didn't use the car for a couple of weeks but the next time I took it out the open roof warning light was on the dash and I'm getting a high pitched warning beeping sound.  The roof is fully closed.  I've got it booked into Cayman for a full diagnosis on Saturday but just wanted to check the basics first.

5 minutes ago, symbol-soup said:

Thanks for this Colin, I'll take a look tomorrow in the light. Much appreciated

I had the hood down two weeks ago and it was fine, temp was around 11C from what I remember.  I then didn't use the car for a couple of weeks but the next time I took it out the open roof warning light was on the dash and I'm getting a high pitched warning beeping sound.  The roof is fully closed but won't open.  I've got it booked into Cayman for a full diagnosis on Saturday but just wanted to check the basics first.

The boot won't open either but I'm guessing this is to do with the error for the roof being open

Edited by symbol-soup

• 4 years later...

Okay so i drive a 350z 07 grand touring, the problem that i am having is the soft top not moving down so i can replace the soft top to my new one  . When i turn the engine on with the e brake and my foot and the normal brake pedal and all the normal stuff you would do to move the soft top nothing happens! All that happens is i hear is two clicks . Also i just replaced the 5th bow motor so it cant be that and Passenger seat moves only when i unplug all the harnesses and plug them back in . Im not sure if this is a fuse problem or relay problem but any help would be greatly appreciated(: