solid Yellow Key warning light on dash - **FIXED**

neo

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Had some family stuff to sort out hence no replies here, car still driving and starting as if nothing is wrong, haven't got in touch with Nissan as yet either, will get round to trying to get something sorted soon.

Cheers

• 5 months later...

Finally got my act together and phoned Nissan customer service, got a case number, just waiting for a call back, in the next few days.

its due for it MOT in about a month, guess if the light is still lit it will fail ???

Edited by neo

Had a call back on wednesday, seemed very positive that they (Nissan) can help in some way,liaisoning with the Nissan dealer i used, should hear something back early part of next week :thumbs:

Edited by neo

I have a 2012 model and my solid yellow key warning light would randomly appear and each time I could clear it by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. I figured out mine was being caused by me adjusting the clutch pedal height(also stopped my cruise control working) once I put the clutch pedal height back to the stock position the key light never came on again.

Car went in today to nissan, they checked it over again, still the same fault as before.

Long story short it's all fixed, as a good will gesture Nissan paid 100% of the part and i paid the labour, sure i could have haggled and pushed for it all for free but i'm more than happy its finally sorted, phoning Nissan customer service was painless, my case manager was wonderful, couldn't be more helpful :thumbs: :teeth:

was a little surprised they had a lock in stock tho as they were all fixed back in 2010 ;)

At some point i will take pictures of the new steering lock.

Edited by neo
  • Like 1

I’ve got a 2011 G37, basically the same car.

The G37 forums are also full of posts on the steering lock, after wading through these I pulled the fuse as others have recommended.

The new lock being fitted is also failing, just as the old one did, so even after having the replacement done it might be worth pulling the fuse.

Thanks for the info :thumbs:

with mine it still drove as normal, with or without the fuse, so i left it in :shrug:

i did have a quick look at the new lock, it's looks like its just oblong plastic box, does sound louder than before but then again i haven't heard it for 7 months :lol:

Edited by neo