Finally got round to waxing my Zed

Rikz2004

2 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

Jetseal is okay as acrylic sealants go, a little outdated these days but there’s no point in replacing something that works for you before you’ve run out.

What do I use? What don’t I use?! :lol:

Haha fair enough! Good advice to keep what I have and then decide once it runs out - thanks @ilogikal1!

If I wanted to polish my car (by hand) what would you recommend? Is gtechniq p1 any good? 

Polishing by hand is a lot of work, so go for something with filling power as well for a better result.

I’d recommend something like Auto Finesse Rejuvinate. It should play well withHetseal on top, it’s a finishing compound so not a lot of cut, but has good cleaners and fillers as well. You’ll get more cut from the pad than the compound by hand so the right pad is essential. Depending on how bad your paint is take your pick from these; https://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/lake-country-hydro-tech-hand-pad - you’d have to be very hamfisted to do any serious damage (even to the bitter soft Nissan paint) by hand to be honest.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

Polishing by hand is a lot of work, so go for something with filling power as well for a better result.

I’d recommend something like Auto Finesse Rejuvinate. It should play well withHetseal on top, it’s a finishing compound so not a lot of cut, but has good cleaners and fillers as well. You’ll get more cut from the pad than the compound by hand so the right pad is essential. Depending on how bad your paint is take your pick from these; https://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/lake-country-hydro-tech-hand-pad - you’d have to be very hamfisted to do any serious damage (even to the bitter soft Nissan paint) by hand to be honest.

Thanks for the advice @ilogikal1 I will look into the product you have suggested. I think I'll wait until its warmer until actually doing anything though! :)

On 15/01/2019 at 09:05, davey_83 said:

Cracking effort!! looks great - more pictures PLEASE!!!!!

I have 1 more picture, unfortunately it shows paint damage on the front bumper (this was already there when I bought the car, the previous owner said that a big chunk of paint had flaked off and he used nail varnish to make it look better?!). I need to get the bumper resprayed in all honesty.

Pic attached anyway!

IMG_20190116_092518.jpg

On 15/01/2019 at 08:47, Rikz2004 said:

Thanks for the advice @ilogikal1 I will look into the product you have suggested. I think I'll wait until its warmer until actually doing anything though! :)

Good time to invest in Rejuvinate, it's in the Polished Bliss January sale now. ;)

Not sure about that... er... "repair", but the rest looks pretty good. You're getting some great reflections there.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

Good time to invest in Rejuvinate, it's in the Polished Bliss January sale now. ;)

Not sure about that... er... "repair", but the rest looks pretty good. You're getting some great reflections there.

I'll take a look at their website - thanks for the heads up! And thanks for the compliment! :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kryptek49 said:

Looks like you bought @Stevie-Boy's car - looks really good after a wax, I definitely need to do mine

Yep bought it from @Stevie-Boy

Thanks for the compliment, it does look pretty good after the wax :) I'm thinking of going that extra mile a bit later in the year to polish it up (and hopefully get rid of some of the swirl marks) so it really shines!

1 hour ago, Rikz2004 said:

I'm thinking of going that extra mile a bit later in the year to polish it up (and hopefully get rid of some of the swirl marks) so it really shines!

I picked up a cheap dual action polisher from Argos for £40 last year, and it did wonders on the black paint on my BMW. Haven't yet had a chance to try it on the Zed but when it's warmer out I plan on doing the whole car.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kryptek49 said:

I picked up a cheap dual action polisher from Argos for £40 last year, and it did wonders on the black paint on my BMW. Haven't yet had a chance to try it on the Zed but when it's warmer out I plan on doing the whole car.

Hmm cheap DA polisher sounds risky on thin Japanese paint? I'd be careful, BMW paint is really hard and quite thick so you have a lot to play with, apparently Japanese paint isn't. But it may turn out fine, make sure you upload pics to show us the results! :)