HR oem sat nav removal and fitting to another HR?

PabloVC

Hey guys,

So my HR has the built-in sat nav and since I have a double din headunit with android auto it is totally useless to me.

Now I know finding someone who's selling the cubby and console cluster is like rocking horse @*!#, but there is a guy who's wanting to take his HR back to standard and is willing to swap his consoles cluster (with the cubby) over for OEM. His has been dipped (if I don't like the design, I can just change it later). So his (i'm assuming) didn't have sat nav from factory.

Now, I've spoken to him about it and he's keen to do it. But obviously on the condition that the swap itself is fairly easy and fairly straightforward.

So my question is, do HR's with no sat nav from factory have the plugs, etc, built in already and it's just plug and play or is it quite a bit more involved? Are they coded to the car like the headunits? I know with the dvd behind the driver's seat is a bit more involved in terms of actually fitting it on since you have to take several panels off, but what about the sat nav? Does anyone know?

I would expect the wiring is there tbh, although straightforward to check, if you just ease the centre waterfall panel forwards you’ll see the plugs for the sat nav screen in there behind the cubby box. Surely the guy you’re swapping with wouldn’t agree though if he didn’t think it was doable (presumably he modified it to the cubby box originally?). As you say the sat nav DVD drive is a bit more involved to swap over but only extra plastic panels.