Portugal, anyone?

coldel

Afternoon Zedders. Had a bit of a rush of blood and just booked a reasonably well rated hotel in the Algarve (Grand Muthu Fort do Vale I think its called) - I really have no idea about the Algarve and since then people have mentioned its in stag/hen do hell. Anyone got any experience of Albuferia? Basically we want a decent hotel, a few things to do in it (spa, gym etc) some places to eat and drink around it near a beach and within striking distance of places we can pick up a boat excursion or similar. But as we will have our 7 year old with us, would prefer not to be navigating groups of hammered 20 year olds effing and blinding. 

We have just put down a couple hundred quid deposit so its no biggie to change - just wondering if the hotel is likely to be ok, or if we might need to consider something else. We are really set on Portugal though.

I had my first visit to Lagos in 2018 it was a lovely little authentic town not mad busy but could possibly be a good shout with the young one.

The rep did tell us albufeira was a bit like magaluf of Portugal but I didn't visit it so can't comment  the beach at Lagos Is very nice also 

IMG-20180916-WA0008.jpeg

36 minutes ago, TT350 said:

Lagos.......

Nigeria?

Lagos is a town in southern Portugal's Algarve region. It’s known for its walled old town, cliffs and Atlantic beaches. Steep wooden steps lead to the sandy cove of Praia do Camilo. The nearby cliffs of Ponta de Piedade offer sweeping headland views and a lighthouse. Igreja de Santo António, an ornate 18th-century church, sits across from the Castelo dos Governadores, a castle with a baroque facade and watchtowers.

24 minutes ago, nissanman312 said:

Lagos is a town in southern Portugal's Algarve region. It’s known for its walled old town, cliffs and Atlantic beaches. Steep wooden steps lead to the sandy cove of Praia do Camilo. The nearby cliffs of Ponta de Piedade offer sweeping headland views and a lighthouse. Igreja de Santo António, an ornate 18th-century church, sits across from the Castelo dos Governadores, a castle with a baroque facade and watchtowers.

That sounds beautiful. 

The challenge is having a 6 year old boy along for the holiday who has a very short attention span...need a few things around that he can do too, he doesn't appreciate beautiful things :lol:

Found a spot called Olhos de Agua which looks really nice, a complex called Adriana Beach Club...