front windscreen washer tubing route

raptor07GT

hi all, having some issues with the windscreen washer jets. Drivers side is flowing like a fire hose but passenger side is pathetic :( 

Have cleaned the jets with a needle and can push needle right down the jets but just a dribble from passenger side

took off the washer jet unit and blew through them, can blow fine

checked there is water flowing to the wiper arm and there is

If I'm getting water at the passenger arm then whats going wrong? Any idea for what I can try next?

thinking about this, I've been a bit of a div! This afternoon I should have swapped over the passenger / drivers side jet housings and seen if the issue followed the washer units or remained on the passenger side. That'll need to wait now til next daylight working which wont be this weekend as car away to get electrical issue investigated. Stupid cars :( 

20 hours ago, raptor07GT said:

thinking about this, I've been a bit of a div! This afternoon I should have swapped over the passenger / drivers side jet housings and seen if the issue followed the washer units or remained on the passenger side. That'll need to wait now til next daylight working which wont be this weekend as car away to get electrical issue investigated. Stupid cars :( 

I made a quick guide on this which might be of some use:

• Like 1

ha, I actually saw that video before I went to Halfords but because my drivers side jets will wash the entire car I assumed that wasn't the issue... I'll get the car back a week on Saturday(next time I'll have daylight) so I will have a good look at it and trace the tubing. I'm steeling myself for pulling out all the trim in the windscreen cowl just to get to the tubing :(  I'll also have a hose joiner too :)

I had the same issue. I did the pin push thing and I thought I'd fixed it but I hadn't.  The problem was the black (grey) clip on multi jet was full of black bits. I used blue tack to cover the little jets except the end one and I used another bit of blue tack to help seal the nozzle of a compressed air can on the end. I gave it a blast and loads of flakes of black stuff came out. A bit like small pieces of rubber. I then re clipped on the black jets to the wiper arm, connected the t piece and it now works like a charm.

Is it possible the drivers side jet is worn and allowing to much water out, there is only so much water under so much pressure, as water takes the path of least resistance and the hole in the drivers side is to big all the water comes out there and non goes to the passenger side.

Simple test block the drivers side and try the washers, may just need a new drivers side jet :)