Japanese Performance Show - 18th August 2019

14N

22 minutes ago, Silverthorn said:

Can't make this one now guys! 

Federales pulled me over this morning and have revoked my MOT and thrown a bunch of fines my way so doubt the car will be back on the road before then!

All this for a spaced number plate and a sunstrip :doh:

They really need to get a life and start doing real police work:rant:

• Like 2

Yeah it wasn't the best of days :thumbdown:

The plate is a bit annoying as it's still perfectly readable. Not tinted or a non standard size or anything like that, just the space moved slightly... But at the end of the day, it still doesn't conform so that's fair enough. 

714836538_IMG_20190219_151648(2).jpg.05fd2dbf587f93975eb511d034781ec6.jpg

Revoking my MOT for the sake of a sunstrip that I offered to peel off on the spot is a **** take imo. At the least he could of offered for me to go away and remove it and visit him at the station within the next week or whatever. 

Now I'm stuck without a car, a bunch of fines and I now have the hassle of waiting for new plates to arrive, booking an MOT and then taking the certificate to the station :angry:

It passed its MOT in the exact state the car is in currently. And a proper MOT at that from a local garage, not one of those chuck your mate £60 and he'll pass anything type of deals! :doh:

To top it all of as well, he followed me from the M4/M5 interchange all the way down the A38, into and around Aztec West and didn't once attempt to pull me over (the business park was basically empty and the roads are wide so no reason not to pull me over somewhere). Instead he decided to tailgate me through a security barrier into my work place before stopping me IN THE WORK CAR PARK! Where all my managers could peer out from the 2nd and 3rd floor and see the police car and myself! The director of Japanese business was in office that day as well as i spotted him peering out from the top floor at me while on the phone. :angry:

Thankfully my work are fairly understanding, but i could've lost my job for something like that! Also, I'm fairly certain the police aren't allowed to enter private property without permission or a warrant - especially private property that deals with highly classified information!

Edited by Silverthorn

On 13/07/2019 at 08:32, Silverthorn said:

Yeah it wasn't the best of days :thumbdown:

The plate is a bit annoying as it's still perfectly readable. Not tinted or a non standard size or anything like that, just the space moved slightly... But at the end of the day, it still doesn't conform so that's fair enough. 

714836538_IMG_20190219_151648(2).jpg.05fd2dbf587f93975eb511d034781ec6.jpg

Revoking my MOT for the sake of a sunstrip that I offered to peel off on the spot is a **** take imo. At the least he could of offered for me to go away and remove it and visit him at the station within the next week or whatever. 

Now I'm stuck without a car, a bunch of fines and I now have the hassle of waiting for new plates to arrive, booking an MOT and then taking the certificate to the station :angry:

It passed its MOT in the exact state the car is in currently. And a proper MOT at that from a local garage, not one of those chuck your mate £60 and he'll pass anything type of deals! :doh:

To top it all of as well, he followed me from the M4/M5 interchange all the way down the A38, into and around Aztec West and didn't once attempt to pull me over (the business park was basically empty and the roads are wide so no reason not to pull me over somewhere). Instead he decided to tailgate me through a security barrier into my work place before stopping me IN THE WORK CAR PARK! Where all my managers could peer out from the 2nd and 3rd floor and see the police car and myself! The director of Japanese business was in office that day as well as i spotted him peering out from the top floor at me while on the phone. :angry:

Thankfully my work are fairly understanding, but i could've lost my job for something like that! Also, I'm fairly certain the police aren't allowed to enter private property without permission or a warrant - especially private property that deals with highly classified information!

feel bad for you as you seem to have come across a rather annoyed police staff on the day

It is a funny one,as usually most of them will be fine ,until you get the odd one who just trows the book at you....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, valy said:

feel bad for you as you seem to have come across a rather annoyed police staff on the day

It is a funny one,as usually most of them will be fine ,until you get the odd one who just trows the book at you....

Exactly that mate. I have no issue with them normally and 9 times out of 10 they're really nice and just pull me over to check my insurance, ask about the car and my job before sending me on my way. 

Just a bit infuriating as i seem to be one of the only idiots that actually taxes my car, declares modifications etc. and yet I'm the one that ends up with all the grief.

Right, a bit of admin..... :lol: 

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 21:10, Richn370 said:

I will and already got a ticket if I'm next on the list:D

@Richn370 did you get @ShortPaul 's ticket? Have you sorted this?

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 18:33, StormtrooperZ said:

Aaah. Damn federales!ha. Who's next on waiting list? Can I get in? 

@StormtrooperZ have you grabbed @Silverthorn's ticket?

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 10:09, kaptainmarc said:

Let me know if anyone else drops out, would be nice to meet some more Z owners.

@kaptainmarc I do know of a spare ticket for our stand, assuming the above is all sorted, I can give you details.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, 14N said:

Right, a bit of admin..... :lol: 

@Richn370 did you get @ShortPaul 's ticket? Have you sorted this?

@StormtrooperZ have you grabbed @Silverthorn's ticket?

@kaptainmarc I do know of a spare ticket for our stand, assuming the above is all sorted, I can give you details.

I've already bought a ticket on the website if that helps

There seems to be a little confusion over the attendance list, can everyone that has added their name please confirm they have bought/paid for their ticket by adding 'PAID' after their username? (I've added a few already that I know have bought their tickets, thanks guys) :thumbs:

Unlike other shows, the club has to pay for each stand space (of 10 cars) and we've purchased two spaces (hence the 20 car total). As with many events, especially where there is a limited number of spaces available, a waiting list soon develops as spaces are on a first come, first served basis.

Taken from the first post...

CLUB STAND TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE DIRECT FROM THE WEBSITE: https://www.japaneseperformanceshow.co.uk/product-page/club-stand-ticket

Club stand tickets are £13.50 in advance only from the website (Address above). PLEASE READ THE TEXT ON THE CLUB STAND TICKET PAGE - THIS TICKET MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE AND WILL BE EMAILED PRIOR TO THE EVENT.

Passengers can get their tickets at the gate or in advance if they wish.

As stated, we currently have a stand suitable for 20 cars, please add your name to the list below if you are coming, would like to be on our club stand and have purchased a club stand ticket.

1. 14N - PAID

2. Andy_Muxlow - PAID

3. Buster - PAID

4. SHEZZA - PAID

5. Kingsley - PAID

6. Amyzed

7. davey_83 - PAID

8. Panman - PAID

9. glrnet - PAID

10. G1en@waxandshine - PAID

11. andy James - PAID

12. Humpy - PAID

13. Scott370z - PAID

14. Bradley

15. cob1980

16. Liviu 

17. Nso93 - PAID

18. StormtrooperZ

19. jamesmac

20. Richn370 - PAID

EDIT: @Kingsley@AmyZed@davey_83@Bradley@cob_1980@jamesmac please confirm you've paid for your ticket, thank you.

16 hours ago, 14N said:

@valy can you confirm if Liviu still wants their space and has bought a ticket please? I know you’re in S&S now. 

Just asked him now and he says he is coming and will buy the ticket now

• Like 2

22 hours ago, 14N said:

There seems to be a little confusion over the attendance list, can everyone that has added their name please confirm they have bought/paid for their ticket by adding 'PAID' after their username? (I've added a few already that I know have bought their tickets, thanks guys) :thumbs:

My bad! I only scanned through the original post and assumed it was like the other event threads (add your name, then add 'PAID' once the ticket was purchased).

I'll make sure i read the post properly next time!

My apologies for all the confusion :doh:

44 minutes ago, Silverthorn said:

My bad! I only scanned through the original post and assumed it was like the other event threads (add your name, then add 'PAID' once the ticket was purchased).

I'll make sure i read the post properly next time!

My apologies for all the confusion :doh:

No worries Tom, you're not the first and will most likely not be the last to do the same. As you say, it's a slightly different format to other club stands and events where it's rare there's an actual limit.

The first time I organised the stand at JPShow we purchased a 10 car stand, then extended it to 15, eventually extending it to 20 cars due to demand, with a waiting list for any 'drop-outs', so I'm sure you understand why we need to do this one on a first come, first served basis, securing your place with a ticket purchase.

Anyhoo, I'm sorry you can't make this one buddy, hopefully you manage to get another MOT soon and avoid any more jobsworth 5-0.

• Like 1

1. 14N - PAID

2. Andy_Muxlow - PAID

3. Buster - PAID

4. SHEZZA - PAID

5. Kingsley - PAID

6. Amyzed

7. davey_83 - PAID

8. Panman - PAID

9. glrnet - PAID

10. G1en@waxandshine - PAID

11. andy James - PAID

12. Humpy - PAID

13. Scott370z - PAID

14. Bradley

15. cob1980

16. Liviu 

17. Nso93 - PAID

18. StormtrooperZ - PAID

19. jamesmac

20. Richn370 - PAID

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1. 14N - PAID

2. Andy_Muxlow - PAID

3. Buster - PAID

4. SHEZZA - PAID

5. Kingsley - PAID

6. Amyzed

7. davey_83 - PAID

8. Panman - PAID

9. glrnet - PAID

11. andy James - PAID

12. Humpy - PAID

13. Scott370z - PAID

14. Bradley

15. cob1980

16. Liviu - Paid

17. Nso93 - PAID

18. StormtrooperZ - PAID

19. jamesmac

20. Richn370 - PAID

• 2 weeks later...

1. 14N - PAID

2. Andy_Muxlow - PAID

3. Buster - PAID

4. SHEZZA - PAID

5. Kingsley - PAID

6. Amyzed - PAID

7. davey_83 - PAID

8. Panman - PAID

9. kaptainmarc - PAID

11. andy James - PAID

12. Humpy - PAID

13. Scott370z - PAID

14. LBow350Z

15. cob1980

16. Liviu - PAID

17. Nso93 - PAID

18. StormtrooperZ - PAID

19. jamesmac 

20. Richn370 - PAID

OK folks, list has been updated.

@kaptainmarc you have taken @glrnet's spot in 9th place. Can you please drop him a PM to arrange payment for his ticket and exchange email addresses so the ticket can be forwarded once it's sent.

@LBow350Z I've added you to space 14 on the list as that space is no longer required. Can you please buy your ticket(s) via the JPShow website?

@cob1980 did you sort your ticket out with @valy?

@AmyZed @jamesmac I've dropped you a PM, please respond and confirm your attendance either by reply or on this thread otherwise your space may be allocated to another member.

@buster  (and everyone else) Tickets are normally emailed out (to the registered PayPal email address used to pay for them) a week before the show. 

• Like 2