Short Tails

SiriusProjects

Hi All,

Does anyone with Resonated Short Tails on their 370Z experience more vibration and rattling from the rear? Before I had the short tails fitted, there was a vibration/rattle coming from the back of the car and I'm assuming that because the exhaust resonates, this is what is amplifying the effect. Am curious to know if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

As a side question, what could have been causing the original rattle/vibration?

Thanks.

Yep, I've experienced the same problem at certain revs as well. I've stripped the boot space out and lined it with noise dampening material (Halfords) - this helped a little. I've also placed small packers between the joints on the plastic trim around the boot space which seems to have it pretty much sorted now. Still some vibration at high revs but unsure if I'll ever get it 100% resolved. 

On 05/01/2019 at 19:24, davey_83 said:

A rattle/vibration shouldn't be related to a conventional exhaust surely...... 

The vibration/rattle was there before the short tails were put on. I'm pretty sure it wasn't coming from the exhaust, but the resonated short tails have made whatever is vibrating/rattling more pronounced.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would post an update.

Today I removed the boot mat and the other cover which is underneath it and then laid an old bed sheet down in the boot, tucking it under all the boot trim around the edges. After refitting the first cover and then putting the boot mat back in, I took the car out for a drive. I have to say that it cured about 98% of the rattling. There is still the odd vibration sometimes, but not much and I can live with that. 

On a side note, I also did the penny trick with boot lid so that's working great now too.