All Season Tyres

Dicky

Im no expert (Dan will be along in a minute) but given winter tyres are made specifically for wintery conditions they will be better at driving in snow than all season ones. Depends on how much snow you are expecting? I live in the south east and can count on one hand the amount of days of wintery weather we get so just leave summer tyres on all year round. 

Thanks for the reply. I live in the North a East and to be fair, up here,  winters ain’t what they used to be but the car belongs to my dentist daughter and getting to work is essential.

The best winter tyre option appears to be buying another set of alloys to fit them to, then there’s the storage requirements. I tend to agree with your reasoning but if those who have fitted all season tyres find them adequate then their an easier option.

Lets see if anyone can provided a user review.

What car does she drive?

A quick google brings up dozens of reviews of winter vs all season vs summer tyres on test, the likes of Evo to the Telegraph all seem to have an article on it, would be a good place to start.

All season tyres are a bit hit and miss in the snow anything more than a few mm and you may find them rubbish, you would be much better off having a set of "winter tyres" they are much much better in bad conditions. Just get a set of steel rims with them on and chuck them on for the cold months of the year. 

When it snows here the amount of people with "all seasons" who end up in the ditch is staggering, but then most of them drive like bell ends in crap weather. For someone not skilled in winter driving, then winter tyres would be a must IMO. 

Edited by DoogyRev
  • Thanks 1