Potential new 370Z owner

Hi,

So following my upcoming move to Spain it's finally come time for me to ditch the RHD BMW Z4 and look to my next devotee, and next on the list is a LHD 370z.

Here is my old girl -

Qq3GGg.jpg.05e79cbd5f5e9b8431291203162553d6.jpg

Now I'm actually going to look at this 370z tomorrow Manheim 370z GT, also listed on eBay here eBay 370z

I know it's not Pristine, and it's listed as a GT which I don't think it is, but there isn't a lot of choice for LHD Z's and prices in Spain are more than double!

So with that in mind, would anyone care to share their opinion before I go? What to look out for etc.? I'd appreciate it if I could go there armed with a little knowledge. Also I plan to retrofit a GT Sat Nav, is this as straight forward a process as it should be?

Thanks!

Edited by Thanatu55

There will be a sticker near the driver side kick plate - open the door and have a look at the latch area. It will tell you what model it is and will tell you if it's a GT. 

Might be worthwhile taking a mechanic down with you to check the car over, especially if you're moving abroad with it. Could also go down the route of getting it checked via a 3rd party for history etc. 

Check the boot latch, common issue (with a simple fix) is the boot sticking when the button is pressed. I'd recommend getting under the car and checking for rust, especially in the rear wheel arches. Do a MOT history check. Check the tyres for tread, anything less than 4mm and you can haggle for a discount - not cheap tyres to replace. Ask what engine oil they're running - quickest way to tell if they know about the car. 

Good luck with it all!