Torque wrench which one ?

nissanman312

We use Norbar ones at work mostly, I believe they are owned by snap on. They take a good bit of abuse and punishment and only a few fail the yearly calibration test. Way overkill for the general hobby mechanic probably but a brand I've used a lot due to work. 

The one Ekona linked should be more than ample for home use. 

• Like 1

Not a lot, or a very lot. I can count the number of times I've used a torque wrench out of considered necessity on one hand, the amount of times I've used one because it was just as handy as a regular wrench on a few people's hands, and the amount of times I've used it for wheel nuts I've lost count. 

In reality there's two types of torque setting, JE (Just Enough) or FT (F***ing Tight) :lol: JE for sparkplugs, FT for most other things!

Should you use one every time? Of course. Do most people? Nope.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ekona said:

Not a lot, or a very lot. I can count the number of times I've used a torque wrench out of considered necessity on one hand, the amount of times I've used one because it was just as handy as a regular wrench on a few people's hands, and the amount of times I've used it for wheel nuts I've lost count. 

In reality there's two types of torque setting, JE (Just Enough) or FT (F***ing Tight) :lol: JE for sparkplugs, FT for most other things!

Should you use one every time? Of course. Do most people? Nope.

I always go for ft on my wheel nuts and then can't get them undone the next time I take the wheel off :lol:

That's what made me think I should really torque them up 

2 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

I always go for ft on my wheel nuts and then can't get them undone the next time I take the wheel off :lol:

That's what made me think I should really torque them up 

Wheel nuts only go to 110nm which definitely doesn't feel FT - torque wrenches are fairly cheap and well worth it

• Like 1