Jetpilot

Wrap on my Zed is starting show its age so in the process at the moment of working out budgets as to whether just to get a new wrap or bite the bullet and get it resprayed.

None Zed related I've booked to do my CBT in January and will then be shopping for a 125 to learn on :) Always wanted a m/bike but wasn't allowed one at 17 whilst living at home with the parents and then after moving out and discovering how expensive being an adult was the bike was put on the back burner for several years!

11 hours ago, coldel said:

stunning dark blue rx7 pulling out of waitrose car park...it's a sign I tell ya :lol:

They only did one dark blue which was Montego blue, a metallic with a touch of green in it pending which angle you looked, quite a rare colour, similar to midnight blue in appearance?

As per the help with the Vx, pm me if you want to know anything mate :thumbs:

• Thanks 1

...actually as we turn into 2019 I now look at the ULEZ coming into play in central london, it expands to inner london in 2021 which my current car and any RX7 will not pass :dry: so looks like unless I move further out my days of looking after older classic cars is coming to an end!

1 hour ago, coldel said:

...actually as we turn into 2019 I now look at the ULEZ coming into play in central london, it expands to inner london in 2021 which my current car and any RX7 will not pass :dry: so looks like unless I move further out my days of looking after older classic cars is coming to an end!

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/vrm-checker-ulez

I assume you're not driving a Z? Just checked my 370z and I wouldn't be subject to the ULEZ charge. Trying to read through the page and it's all a little confusing - feel like cars are the new cigarettes, government are happy to let you buy them but not happy to let you use them! 

21 minutes ago, Umster said:

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/vrm-checker-ulez

I assume you're not driving a Z? Just checked my 370z and I wouldn't be subject to the ULEZ charge. Trying to read through the page and it's all a little confusing - feel like cars are the new cigarettes, government are happy to let you buy them but not happy to let you use them! 

Nope not driving a Zed, clue is in the signature down there ;) 

ULEZ is rolling out in April in central London, then in 2021 rolling out to the north and south circular for no other reason than those roads are  convenient to put the signs up than anything technical about where pollution is created etc. I agree, it is all a money spinner, like I said on another thread at the same time they are implementing this citing Green reasons the government is signing off an extra 700 planes a day flying over my house into Heathrow, both decisions = more cash 

It's a shame there is no allowance around cars that are 25 years or older, there aren't many that I have seen and when I do they are usually very clean well looked after cars that are clearly enthusiast owners. Its not like there are a plethora of old knackared Cortinas plodding around. 

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 16:01, sipar69 said:

To just enjoy the latest Z, having spent recent months getting it how I want it.  I find I’m always looking ahead to the next opportunity to blow more cash, so going to try and kick that habit and just enjoy what I have. 

Words of wisdom :thumbs:

I'm exactly the same. I've spent thousands in the past few months getting the car how I want it and I haven't actually used it as much as I'd hoped. Don't get me wrong, I've still got a tonne of stuff planned, but my priority will definitely be leaning toward spending my cash on European roadtrips, car shows and the like.

• Like 1

New rims for my Nismo 370z. Ordered them from Japan early November, custom made and due to arrive end of Jan. Also getting my calipers painted Cadbury purple to match it all up with my wrap. In theory that's it.:wacko: apart from organising the South East meets and going to as many shows as time permits.

new rims (2).jpg

Edited by Payco
  • Like 8

Thanks mate, I am pretty excited about them too (not obvious). They will take my car to a new level and finish the look I am after with the wrap. Would be good to meet you and your car sometime in 2019, maybe at Simply Jap at Bealieu ?.

Love your car too mate.

On 02/01/2019 at 14:21, Payco said:

New rims for my Nismo 370z. Ordered them from Japan early November, custom made and due to arrive end of Jan. Also getting my calipers painted Cadbury purple to match it all up with my wrap. In theory that's it.:wacko: apart from organising the South East meets and going to as many shows as time permits.

new rims (2).jpg

:throb: nuff said they look amazing!

• Like 1

My Z has been in the same state it is now, for a couple of years.

At best I'd like to release the full potential of the modifications I've done to it and have the bodywork sorted. Age related things. Respray in grigio Silverstone, suspension mods and new wheels and also get out and about in it like I intended to.

Minimally, I'd like to sort the bodywork and respray in standard colour and resolve all the wear and tear items which are just wheel bearings and droplinks. 

• Like 2

Glad I read this post, some great points. So often when the Z is in the garage getting it’s latest £xxxx treatment I’m already on my phone shopping for the next step. Enjoying what we have should be this year’s resolution.

With that out of the way 2019 is the year for handling for our weekend/occasional track Z Roadster - already have an extra pair of rear rays (thanks Zmanalex) that are now refurbed which will go on the front when the current tyres wear out. Plan is to wrap them in GY AS3s and fit them with Olins and Eibach ARBs together with alignment and weight balancing.

Handling package has just edged ahead of an acceleration upgrade consisting of MREV2 plenum, velocity stack, lightweight pulleys, another remap and 3.9 FD... this lot will need to be 2020 unless I could be convinced to swap them round.

• Like 2