Jetpilot

Full service

new brake pads 

In tank fuel starvation fix 

Possible intercooler change to acomadate stock crash bar 

That's all got to happen for European trip in summer 

Then I would like to do some cosmetics as car looks standard as hell and really needs some more aggressive looks.

But that's down to what money is available.

Edited by nissanman312

20 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

What are youre plans first of all?

I've had a year off from having a track/weekend toy whilst I built a house, so had plenty of time to watch the market and decide where I am heading car wise for early spring.

I did have my heart set on a gtr, but my head decided for the intended use (quite a lot of track days) its probably going to be too costly (tyres, brakes, servicing etc) and budget would only get 11 ish plate and again not so sure it was wise for hard track work with that age.

So, am pretty much set on a 4c, with some decent upgrades, alfaworks ecu which will net over 300hp, 17/18 wheel combo, sticky tyres, suspension tweaks and a few other bits will make for a very decent track proposition. 

• Like 1

Might stick with the old Toyota for a bit longer, be interesting to see where prices go with the advent of the US import market opening up in March. Car needs its usual servicing I do every 5000 miles (over serviced but what the hell). I am keeping an eye on the car market but running out of ideas for cheap cars (under 10k I have set that limit) at equivalent fun and performance factor. 

1 hour ago, Jetpilot said:

I've had a year off from having a track/weekend toy whilst I built a house, so had plenty of time to watch the market and decide where I am heading car wise for early spring.

I did have my heart set on a gtr, but my head decided for the intended use (quite a lot of track days) its probably going to be too costly (tyres, brakes, servicing etc) and budget would only get 11 ish plate and again not so sure it was wise for hard track work with that age.

So, am pretty much set on a 4c, with some decent upgrades, alfaworks ecu which will net over 300hp, 17/18 wheel combo, sticky tyres, suspension tweaks and a few other bits will make for a very decent track proposition. 

Just get the Alfa 4C for now. As long as youre under 6 foot 2. Whats 300BHP. Under 4 seconds to 60? Good enough for the track for sure. Quicker than M2 stock. My brothers friends 4C left the RS3 sedan. Not sure if it was mapped though. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

39 minutes ago, coldel said:

Might stick with the old Toyota for a bit longer, be interesting to see where prices go with the advent of the US import market opening up in March. Car needs its usual servicing I do every 5000 miles (over serviced but what the hell). I am keeping an eye on the car market but running out of ideas for cheap cars (under 10k I have set that limit) at equivalent fun and performance factor. 

I think a well sorted Rx7 would float your boat given your car history and usage, worth keeping your eye on :)

I have looked at a few mate, I dont do that many miles (possibly 5k a year?) so if I got one with a recently rebuilt engine and some sort of warranty against it I might consider it as a rebuild would be probably not done in my ownership (as I tend to only keep them a couple of years on average). I do also have a self imposed £10k cap on cars I own, just to keep it sensible. Although that was my downfall as I was a gnats wing away from buying an R34 GTR a few years back for around £25k, what it would be worth now!

23 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

So whats everyones 2019 plans with their cars. anyone thinking of a change etc etc

Just to be different in 2019 - I am planning on not changing any of my cars!

A few months ago I bought the lowest mileage and cleanest 350Z I could find. It has spent quite a lot of its life in storage and is completely standard. I really want to keep it as standard but my biggest 'challenge' of 2019 will be to resist the temptation to modify in any way. As well as attending shows and driving for fun, I will spend 2019 doing any little jobs on the car to get it as good as it can be although don't have the time or inclination for concours standard.

So far it has had a full service and fluids change and health check from my trusted garage. Also had new tyres sine the rears were cheap garbage - brand new but clearly put on to pass MOT - and new fronts because they were original tyres (2006).

Next job is to get the car in the air, clean underneath and add rust protection. No signs of any so far but want to keep it that way.

• Like 1

I will be waiting for the new Bronco to be unveiled before I make any car plans. if it looks crap I will get a newer wrangler . .  one with aircon this time as mine is a sweatbox in the summer :lol: or maybe a small truck like a tacoma. 

After yesterdays drive up to the local ski place what ever I get must be 4x4 and off road capable. 

2 hours ago, 350_Jer said:

My plans are to get my supercharger kit and other mods I've been collecting up fitted at last and make good use of the car on some trackdays again!

I must admit I really enjoyed my 350z, but when I swapped for a v3 supercharged, it was another level, made a great car a fantastic car. Enjoy

• Like 1

Unsure what the plans are for certain. Currently have a Corsa run about and a modified Focus ST between me and the Mrs, she won't drive the ST. Either going to keep the Focus and go hybrid Turbo/forged pistons, Diff and 370BHP or sell it and buy something more expensive that the Mrs can take to work and I'll use the corsa for a daily. 

If it's the later the budget will be 20k, has to be something she will drive. Thinking Audi S3, Golf R, BMW M3, Possibly Nismo 370Z, Audi TTS. Nothing really stands out to me in my budget unfortunately. 

So yesterday out the blue a guy from pistonheads sees my project thread and emails me asking to sell...then today after explaining it to the missus walk into Richmond high Street to get food shopping witness a stunning dark blue rx7 pulling out of waitrose car park...it's a sign I tell ya :lol:

:lol: I have so many people queued up, chap at a zed meet wanted it, I get contacted via youtube by people too. Theres a guy on the gt4 forum wants it too...but yes, you did ask quite some time back ;) Should be no problem to sell and there are some popping up at around the 9k mark now via the importers due to the pound losing value. 

He’s been a Honda fan for years and after having a couple of BMW’s he wants something jap again. Still deciding between a nice jap daily or a project but if he saw this he would probably be swayed 

Drop me a PM if you decide to sell