Advice on cat back exhaust

Akumanozetto

Hello guys,

I have just fitted a HFC on my 370z and am thinking of having the OEM cat back exhaust system replaced as it is pretty rusty already. What i am thinking is whether i should get a nismo system + resonated short tails or a full set of aftermarket exhaust. I would like to do some track days occasionally so i hope that the noise is within the limit i.e.  around 105 db. Does anyone have a similar setup and would like to share their views? Thanks 

2 hours ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

I love the invidia Gemini exhaust paired with high flow cats it sounds awesome. I also like the ark grip exhaust but that is a smidge more expensive  :lol:

that is what i am thinking. I just want to clarify that it is too loud or drone why at high rpm. Also Is there a big difference between the Invidia Dual N1 GT Catback Exhaust System and the gemini? My current set up is torqen HFC with non resonated short tails. They sound like crazy but i do enjoy the tunnel down shift as it sounds like a V12 ferrari :D

13 hours ago, Akumanozetto said:

Thanks for the information, but i don't really like the tips of it :teeth:

You can change the tips 

I have invidia gemini and de cats sounds great bit a little droney 

There was a barely used invidia gemini for sale one of the 350/70 Facebook  pages for £600

Edited by nissanman312

27 minutes ago, nissanman312 said:

There was a barley used invidia gemini for sale one of the 350/70 pages for £600

Hay, that sounds like a great deal! I bet the seller is fielding a load of interest about that, definitely won’t have to wheat long to shift it. 

;) 

10 hours ago, Akumanozetto said:

that is what i am thinking. I just want to clarify that it is too loud or drone why at high rpm. Also Is there a big difference between the Invidia Dual N1 GT Catback Exhaust System and the gemini? My current set up is torqen HFC with non resonated short tails. They sound like crazy but i do enjoy the tunnel down shift as it sounds like a V12 ferrari :D

There is in my opinion no drone with my Gemini and high flow cats. At around 70-80 mph you can talk to the person next to you if you want to haha. But when you step on the loud peddle it sounds awesome! Buster bob has the N1 and he says it's nice, but he has standard cats I think.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ekona said:

Hay, that sounds like a great deal! I bet the seller is fielding a load of interest about that, definitely won’t have to wheat long to shift it. 

;) 

:doh: Happy Christmas dan.

Nice to see you're not napping this festive season :lol:

Edited by nissanman312
  • Haha 1