JDM Clear Tail Lights

hmale4yu

Just wondering your thoughts on the clear tail lights for a white 370z

I always liked the clear lights on the 911 and I think it can work q well on certain cars. My opinion is that on a white pearl 370z it works . But how come this mod is not that common> Ive never seen a 370z in real life with clear lights.

I always thought that Nissan needed to do something with the rear lights as they did with the front lights (by darkening them like the Nismo Mk2). I actually think that the rear lights of the facelifted Juke look q cool. 

I think the clear rear lights emphasise the "boomerang" shape of the light a bit more. Also the standard ones tend to draw your eyes to them whereas the clear JDM ones cause you to appreciate the body of the car more. I think on a Nismo Mk2 it would be q an interesting look 

DSC_1757.jpg

nissan-gives-the-2011-370z-an-update-and-adds-gt-edition_5.jpg

Edited by hmale4yu
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, teejay said:

I like them myself but god knows how much they cost ????

I doubt they are much more than std, but all the same its probably because lights are common to damage in crashes, so hefty mark ups as they know they will sell loads, you cant believe some moulded plastic costs a lot to make.

• 3 months later...

I found a video on youtube that shows the clear lights on a White Nismo Mk2 rear. I thought that prior to buying it would be essential to see what it looks like on the Nismo as the car has red accents and a "less clean" design to the GT model

In the video the rear lights do look better in motion as you get to see the reflection in them more - the standard lights obviously are less clear so less light reflects off them. Im not sure which looks better tbh. One thing is certain is that £900 is a lot lol

Untitled.jpg

• 1 month later...