350z Won't Stall

Konflict89

Hello All, i did try looking for problems similar within other threads and had no luck. Apologies in advance in this has already been discussed.

Really strange thing happening with my 350, so i'm stationary, facing up a 15-20 degree hill, in first gear. I can release the clutch without touching the accelerator pedal without stalling the car. the car then creeps slowly up to 5mph without jerking in the slightest. Whilst driving on the flat or slightly up hill, i can have the car in 2nd gear and the car will not stall by itself. if i remove both feet from the pedals, it will just keep pulling. obviously in neutral the car eventually slows to a stop. the revs at cold start are about 1500, and drop to about 800-900 when its been running for a few mins, as far as i have read, these revs are roughly normal, maybe slightly higher than desired but not an issue. I spoke with SuperStu, and i will be doing the idle reset from the guide on here and also the clutch test when i get a chance.

Anyone else ever had this issue? 

Thanks

Ian

I dont have a manual presently, but having driven many in the past I can say that if the clutch is depressed smoothly and gentle the car will pull away under idle revs. If your very gentle you can even change gear and go faster and faster depending on what gear I got too. Anti stall will also help.

In an S2000 sat in traffic I have slowly moved through the gears in this way past 20MPH in 4th. Now if I were to aggressively press the it would splutter. I mean 70mph at around 2k revs, and your doing just under half, the car will move.

This sounds somewhat normal. Are you depressing the clutch aggressively?

Edited by blobbish

• 2 weeks later...

thank you for the replies, if i depress the clutch aggressively, it jerks. when i depress the clutch slowly, it does what you are saying. and i can do all the gear changes like you mentioned, maybe its normal haha, i will do the idle reset anyway. thanks :)

On 19/12/2018 at 11:34, blobbish said:

I dont have a manual presently, but having driven many in the past I can say that if the clutch is depressed smoothly and gentle the car will pull away under idle revs. If your very gentle you can even change gear and go faster and faster depending on what gear I got too. Anti stall will also help.

In an S2000 sat in traffic I have slowly moved through the gears in this way past 20MPH in 4th. Now if I were to aggressively press the it would splutter. I mean 70mph at around 2k revs, and your doing just under half, the car will move.

This sounds somewhat normal. Are you depressing the clutch aggressively?