Alloy wheel advice.

MONKEYSOCKS

Got the anniversary model, with the GT4 alloys currently fitted, working towards getting an uprev through Abbey and trying to make some changes that will help before I book it in. I'm aware that these alloys are heavy, thinking lighter obviously but don't want to sacrifice handling, running standard 18" tyres. Any advice would be great.

I was amazed how heavy the gt4 wheels were when i took them off mine. In 18” the lightest wheels are the rays that lots of people opted for  or the enkei rpf1. 

Then you take a big step up money wise to the legendary TE37s and other Jap imports. 

Lots of options that will be somewhere in between the above and what you currently have like the popular rotas that many go for. I went for some SSR wheels that are only slightly heavier than the rays but better offset and width. 

Ah right, wasn't sure as someone else with a gt4 on here ,told me a while back that he switched his out for lmgt4 alloys and they made the steering heavy and the ride harsh? They were 19" though, so maybe that was why? Will have a look at all recommendations, thanks guys!

Yeah, no one ever said the LMGT4's were a light wheel and going from 18's to 19's for consideration of spirited driving makes no sense. Go with some RAYS and what you save over similar weight aftermarket wheels, put towards better tyres *mps4's

Lmgt4 are light so not sure where that comes from, the probable reason for the steering feeling heavier would be the guy probably ran a 245 front to match the extra width of the lmgt4.

Plenty of light wheels around op, depends how deep your pockets are and I would also suggest that if its anything but serious track work I just dont think it makes benefit to cost sense, std rays will do the job :)

I'm sure years back I saw a list showing the weight of standard 18 inch touring wheels Vs 18 inch Rays and the 19 inch LMGT4s.

Of I remember correctly although the LMGT4s are light for 19s they are almost equal in weight to OEM 18" Touring ones.

The 18" Rays were indeed much lighter!

Already got mps4 tyres, looked into the Rays, looks like it's a 16kg saving on unladen weight?! Prefer the look of the GT4 wheels, but surely worth the switch as clearly dragging 4 anchors around?!:dry:

Anybody know if it would be a simple swap over? Or would there be any fitment issues?