Chevrolet Camaro (5th/6th gen)

hmale4yu

Has this been caught on anyone's radar here? Ignoring the top range ZL models here's my take

5th Gen:

Really depreciated and looks just as similar/outrageous to the current 6th Gen model (esp the final year face-lift 2014 model where it got updated lights upfront and back).  Just as rare on UK roads and so only really experts will be able to tell the difference between generations. Mileage wise most cars on market have done q low figs. Correct if I'm wrong but these motors like the Corvettes are designed to have miles put on them - so really the ones on the used market have really just been run in. Engine choice 6.2 V8s though there are some 3.6 V6s though Ive heard the V6 feels a bit cumbersome . 

6th Gen:

Can buy brand new at £35k from Chevrolet for a 280hp model or mid 20s on the used market. Minimal colours and options it seems. The full fat 6.2 V8 still around 35k mark though will drop once there is the final year refresh and the subsequent launch of the 7th Gen

Seems to be mid £20s gets you either a 5th Gen V8 or a 6th Gen 2.0 both with low ish miles. 

I can imagine parking would be a nightmare with these but the road prescence its hard to beat for the price. id prbably lean to the 6th gen 2.0 turbo model if I had pick

DSC_0890.jpg

I keep looking at these, I would go for a 2SS ........ I can’t see parking being an issue :teeth:

waiting for for the new Bronco to appear then I will decide..... or a Mustang GT350

Edited by DoogyRev

12 hours ago, Ekona said:

5th gen non-V8 is an absolute dog of a car. My mum has one, gets attention but is shockingly awful to drive. 

I watched some reviews on the 2 gens on youtube as I had some time to kill and apparently the 6th gen 2.0 is big improvement plus you get an updated interior and blind spot sensors, camera as standard

Theres actually a V6 on the 6th gen that sits between the 2.0 and 6.2 V8 in the US

Interesting fact: I learnt that the 6th gen weighs less slightly then 370z Nismo with the 2.0 giving slightly better fuel economy . V8 6.2 different story completely lol