Leaked photo of the Supra without camo

coldel

Yes I think with a few minor mods (stubby and spacers!) it will look a bit more meaningful. We are not Clarkson on here where we think that a minor mod will instantly cause a car to explode or become undrivable!

If anyone needs  to recruit some rough around the edges social media coordinators that speak spanish, might find a few going spare in Mexico...

Globalism (collaboration) is going to backfire spectacularly, in my opinion.

People want to be genderless. Cars  become brandless, with completely global spec models. Perhaps they'll invent a pigment that allows us all to see what colour we want to see, like Dr Who's psychic paper. Who was a man and is now a woman. Or is she? Hmmn.

But yeah, not liking the new Beemoyota. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LRF4N said:

:lol:

E6365FA9-7F77-49DE-8101-668A381E40BF.jpeg

Its difficult to fathom how they took something so stunning and made it look just bland/ordinary which that photo highlights.  Imho the Ft1 will be the downfall ironically, I wouldnt be far away on budget for my next car and would have pushed like mad to get one had it looked like the Ft1.

Edited by Jetpilot

my brother was dissapointed too. Best hang on for the future. Right now in 2019 people are still afraid to release anything close to groundbreaking. While its different and good see some new cars. The scaling down is a bit safe.

To get remotely close to the FT-1 youll need new front wings, new front bumper, new hood, new rear wings and a retractable spoiler all designed by an indy company. By then you might as well grab the ball and go home.

Vaydor G35 anyone?

Better yet save your money. Or get a Z4.

Edited by GranTurismoEra

44 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Right now in 2019 people are still afraid to release anything close to groundbreaking.

I dont think there is anything groundbreaking about the ft1 in the looks department, its just a proportionally good looking sports coupe, they have carried over the basic shape (nose, rear, sides) but not kept the low sleek look, i certainly dont think they are stealing away any Z4 buyers.

The well discussed Alpine is far more groundbreaking than this and as you say, selling loads (retrospectively)

I don't think we've had any sensibly priced truly groundbreaking cars for many years. Those that have been, either in design or technology, have either been poor sellers or just utter garbage.

Alpine? Ostensibly an old design anyway. RR Evoque? Can't say I've seen many. Veloster? Not over here. I'd probably accept the Smart range in though, as there's an argument that they're the definition of a modern city car. Possibly also the original Cayenne for the modern fancy SUV, but man that was NOT pretty! :lol: 

Outside of normal money, the P1 definitely tried to do something different. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TT350 said:

I dare one manufacturer to release an 8 litre V8 with 140bhp that does 8.2mpg.

Anything that goes really fast and gets sh1tty gas mileage. 

In this day and age the $$ vs BHP vs MPG  . . . closest you will get is a Dodge Demon, Grand Cherokee TrackHawk for example, pretty sure they will drain your fuel tank pretty quick and are relatively inexpensive for the BHP you get . . . but they are still pricey and out of the majority's reach. 

23 hours ago, Ekona said:

I don't think we've had any sensibly priced truly groundbreaking cars for many years. Those that have been, either in design or technology, have either been poor sellers or just utter garbage.

The last car that I thought was groundbreaking enough for me to part with my cash for a brand new one was the Mazda RX8 - way back in 2004. Shame it did not work out to be as brilliant as it could have been but still.

• Like 1

On 12/01/2019 at 12:31, Jetpilot said:

I dont think there is anything groundbreaking about the ft1 in the looks department, its just a proportionally good looking sports coupe, they have carried over the basic shape (nose, rear, sides) but not kept the low sleek look, i certainly dont think they are stealing away any Z4 buyers.

The well discussed Alpine is far more groundbreaking than this and as you say, selling loads (retrospectively)

If it came like that it would have been. Imagine that at 50k.....But they got scared. Best saving the money and get 235! or 135i and tune to 390bhp. No need to spunk money unless its the rumored go faster 390 version

Edited by GranTurismoEra

When I see the actual HD images of the car proper on the road I quite like the look of it! Obviously no production car ever looks like the concept but I do like the car in its OEM form, I bet it would look pretty good dropped an inch or two and better wheels. 

Just had a read on the mk1v Supra forum, not a lot of love over there either, but there was a post that made an interesting point (for me anyway) and that was the mkv was in no way going to outshine their premium branded Lexus LC500 in looks or power, never thought of like that but to me that makes a lot of sense to me.

There is already a mkv forum where all and sundry is discussed, pricing, servicing etc etc

Isnt the full reveal today? Pretty much what final one will look like. 11 hours time. Near midnight.

toyotagazooracing.com if youre still awake!

Highest spec 382 hp 6 cylinder. $55,000 dollars roughly. I guess they will reveal the true price tonight.

Edited by GranTurismoEra