Leaked photo of the Supra without camo

coldel

14 minutes ago, un1eash said:

I wonder if you'll get 5 year warranty with the Toyota. The £50k+ price tag means I won't be looking for a while until they come down in price. 

Ill be happy to see one or two forum members with this car and the Z4 M equivalent. Be good to see the differences in the real world. Not just a journalist opinion. Probably looking at 12 to 36 months after release for the price to drop. Depends on the market really. That being generous. 

5 year warranty should be standard for both I reckon. But BMW have advantage of maintenance pack for tires and pads etc. Not sure if they offer that on performance vehicles though.

I think the pricing will be the downfall.

I suspect there will be a gentleman's agreement with BMW that they don't undercut each other which will work in BMW's favour as they can charge that sort of money for a 2 seater and have the badge and finance clout to back it up (its going to depend on pcm figures list price is largely irrelevant). We'll have to wait and see if the Supra nostalgia can carry this into the £50k+ range or not.

• Like 1

£40k in 1993 is roughly £77k now, so way below inflation.

Good to see a decent platform from the Japanese manufacturers though, albeit in conjunction with BMW, i doubt there are many of us on here that bought our 350's or 370z new, but a few years down the line, a sensible jdm choice for us for a change :thumbs: and you know it will be massively tuneable :teeth:

I have never bought a new car and probably never will, i just couldnt stomach the loss and if i had £50k burning a hole in my pocket, you can buy one hell of a 2nd car 

Mostly ex demo or 1 owner im sure. The initial £10-£15,000 hit is a lot. Then people end up selling after 1000-5000 miles. A lot of money to lose to find circumstances have changed, you dont like the car anymore or its numerous faults annoy you.

By the time the price drops there will be other jdm options Im sure. 

If interest bombs those 300 would probably be the last for 2019 until they can fill their excel sheets with enough numbers to justify further uk production before allocating more. I can see a some dealers buying them and marking them up as 1 of 300.....:lol:

Seems like a demand based production. Which makes sense with the current market.

Still looks a bit short and stubby but I'll reserve until I see proper mag shots and videos of it, can't be far away now lol. Leak central with this thing....   The interior is probably going to be the worst bit. The outside at least is a bit crazy but the inside just screams bogo modern BMW, no flare, which is a real shame. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LRF4N said:

I was looking forward to seeing it in the flesh until I saw they pics....

^^ still reserving judgement but I would agree, becoming less enthusiastic about it, I keep saying it but the ft1 looked stunning and whilst this is obviously based closely to it, its not nearly as nice, shorter/higher/more acute angles/not as wide looking.

• Like 1

The only other car car I remember having this much hype over years was the new nsx- for me that looks stunning. This I’m not sure of

Having said that I read an article on these pics and they might be renders not official pics

Rear quarter doesn't look right to me, I can see GT86 styling in it though. 

The hype for me is a quality cabin and that engine, interior quality on Toyota's are just so far behind the Germans. 

Edited by un1eash

9 hours ago, un1eash said:

Rear quarter doesn't look right to me, I can see GT86 styling in it though. 

The hype for me is a quality cabin and that engine, interior quality on Toyota's are just so far behind the Germans. 

Its not the most aesthetic is it. From any angle. My guess is this design won't age well at all.  overly complicated. Hate to say it but the new z4 looks better. Of the new cars coming out the Audi E-tron looks elegant, futuristic and despite not being sexy is not offending to the eye (or mine at least ha!)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the video

4 minutes ago, LRF4N said:

Definitely. I also think the wheels are a bit underwhelming, chunkier spoke design might help

Thats the same for almost every car that comes out no? Need to be a few mm lower to fill the arches etc . .