Leaked photo of the Supra without camo

coldel

Why? Early Supras were a bit rubbish, the mk4 only famous because the turbo version came with a tunable engine and one was used in that film. The GTR has always been in the class above, what with the clever 4WD gubbins, and the 911 has never remotely been in the same ballpark. 

A Supra is a 2dr Jap coupe, pref with a tuneable turbo engine. That’s what you’ve got here, no? 

Well, let’s pretend it’s Japanese anyway :lol: 

Just wait until it appears in the 83rd instalment of that franchise, not only will all those for sale come with 200bhp more but they’ll also cost £40k more too.

On the bright side, when Veilside make a body kit for it they actually can’t make look worse*!

*[veilside] Challenge accepted [/veilside]

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ekona said:

Why? Early Supras were a bit rubbish, the mk4 only famous because the turbo version came with a tunable engine and one was used in that film. The GTR has always been in the class above, what with the clever 4WD gubbins, and the 911 has never remotely been in the same ballpark. 

A Supra is a 2dr Jap coupe, pref with a tuneable turbo engine. That’s what you’ve got here, no? 

Well, let’s pretend it’s Japanese anyway :lol: 

320+ bhp in the early nineties pushed it higher up in the game than the current one does

• Like 1

Similar price and performance credentials to a Cayman, A110, 4c so i would suggest thats where its aimed at.

As per current turbo BM's it will be massively tuneable and as above, i doubt it will be long before the likes of Failside and Rocket Bunny are all over it, a jdm tuners dream to agree with Ekona, i think it pays a lot more homage to the mk1v than ft1, which as mentioned is shame imho and a lot more like a bigger brother to the gt86 than again a very sleek sports coupe. Although i am not sure i put the cult following and high prices down to f&f, there were a lot of good cars in those films that havent got the "status", rx7 and dare i say even 350z as main feature cars.

Seen no mention of the weight, would be interested to see what it weighs in at.

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ekona said:

1490 kg. or 20 kg lighter than the Z4.

Interestingly the Z4 M40i 0-60 has now been updated by BMW as of yesterday to 3.9secs... https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/usa/article/detail/T0285141EN_US/the-new-bmw-z4

I like that new Z4 M, some angles it reminds me of an S2000

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/01/fast-bmw-cuts-z4-m40is-0-60-time-3-9-seconds/

According to this the Z4 M is only 21Kg heavier than the Supra

22 minutes ago, un1eash said:

Which ever tune the B58 has it will be seriously quick, lets hope they've done a better job with the chassis to utilise all that power and make this a proper sports car and not a GT. 

BMW M to me has usually meant in-between. A useable everyday car but something you can take to the track do a few laps and go home.

Supra would probably be more hardcore and suited to the track. I think the setup especially on the GR will be harder.

If they put electric seats in the GR it would defeat the purpose

The Z4 looks neater cleaner more grown up. The Supra for the younger guy who doesnt care too much about appearances. Not many of those around :lol:

The Z4 does look nice and clean. Anyone looking into it?

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Anyone who expects the Supra to feel massively different from the Z4 needs their head examining. It’ll be like the difference between the GT86 and the BRZ: it’s just damping and spring rates. I don’t even expect the fixed roof to make any real difference tbh. 

All the Supras that have gone before have been GT cars, and this will be another one. Competent of course, but no weapon. 

20 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

BMW M to me has usually meant in-between. A useable everyday car but something you can take to the track do a few laps and go home.

M car used to be a racecar engine in a streetcar. Not so much now as they are all too heavy and understeer chronically, but theres still a bit of the magic left. 

Im definitely in the market for Z4 and Supra but have a feeling they will both feel a bit sanitised for what Im after, nothing a map and some coilovers wouldnt change though ;)

20 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

I think the setup especially on the GR will be harder.

If they put electric seats in the GR it would defeat the purpose

The Supra is the GR Supra, there is no difference :wacko: Which one are you talking about?

According to the website there is the A90 which is the storm grey version with red interior limited edition 19 inch alloys - no mention of any suspension differences or additional electrics. Otherwise it is in its standard form the Toyota GR (Gazoo Racing) Supra...

21 hours ago, DoogyRev said:

since we are talking roadsters . .  the new LC Roadster looks nice, supposed to be a production ready concept.

c2cb7af2-lexus-lc-convertible-concept-na

Might be tough to ignore if you in the market for Z4M or such like B)

£75k though judging by the current 500 and 350 hybrid models. Isnt the curb weight 1800kg?

Edited by GranTurismoEra

21 hours ago, Ekona said:

All the Supras that have gone before have been GT cars, and this will be another one. Competent of course, but no weapon. 

at 4.1 seconds or 3.9 (claimed) by bmw are you sure? Z4 im sure can be modded suspension wise to use on the track

Edited by GranTurismoEra