Decats or art pipes?

57jam89

I think you'll be a little bit disappointed butting standard cats back in, a lot more restrictive too. 

If budget allows... ART pipes everytime! Quieter than a lot of hfc, retain performance benefits all round too :)

Love the sound of my cobra matches up with ART pipes, best thing I've bought :lol:

47 minutes ago, reeceybeaney said:

I think you'll be a little bit disappointed butting standard cats back in, a lot more restrictive too. 

If budget allows... ART pipes everytime! Quieter than a lot of hfc, retain performance benefits all round too :)

Love the sound of my cobra matches up with ART pipes, best thing I've bought :lol:

Art quieter that hfc!  That's a surprise!

Yes don't want to refit factory cats so it's hfc or arts.

Just now, 57jam89 said:

Art quieter that hfc!  That's a surprise!

Yes don't want to refit factory cats so it's hfc or arts.

Luckily I picked up the arts second hand so got them relatively cheap! A lot of people have told me that, it gives off a great sound rather than just noise :lol:

3 hours ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

Why, they're empty pipes, with a side chamber next to it, Helmholtz resonator. It reduces the raspiness and vibrations, but not the noise. HFC have 200cel cats inside, the sound gets dampened a bit. 

True story I tested my invidia with de cats next to my mates invidia with art pipes and there was 1/2 db in it

Much deeper tone from the art pipes tho 

I added ART's to my ARK grip with standard cats and would do it again in a heartbeat. Great addition in quantity and quality of sound but easy to daily at the same time (at least for me). I have no personal experience of other decats or HFC but do love the ART's.