Infiniti quietly pulls the plug on the Q60 in UK

hmale4yu

With brexit and our sheepish market I dont think they will. The Q60 isnt the most economical from the figures but it is a tuned 3.0 liter and heavier than the 4 series by 200 kg

Nissan service and source the parts. You wouldnt need Infiniti dealer. Ive seen infiniti cars when getting my nismo serviced. Parts can be sourced from US and Japan.

Dealers have a lot more to gain from Finance than cash. But I see what you mean. Ive only seen one q60 on the road in 2 years and a couple of q50s.

Theres also some tuning potential. I posted up in the media thread a few weeks ago some guy who was getting close to 11 second quarter mile in his q60

So the Q60s are still £35k lowish miles second hand atm. Any predictions as to how low these will plummet to in the immediate future?

My prediction is that they will take a slight dip now/next 6 months but wont be until next year when Infiniti officially leaves the UK market (i.e closes the dealerships, advertising etc) that the real drop will occur. so end 2020 a Q60 3.0 that's now £35k can be picked up for around £20k with the addition of about 5-10k more miles on it 

Due to the current lack of Infiniti advertising (seriously, when was the last time you saw an ad for them really?) and closing what appears* to amount to a whopping 20 dealerships across the whole of the UK, I think it’s going to take considerably longer for the masses to even notice they’ve pulled out of the UK market. Sales have already reportedly fallen off a cliff, so the immediate impact? Absolutely none whatsoever!

*based on the numbers suggested by the Infiniti website.

20 hours ago, hmale4yu said:

So the Q60s are still £35k lowish miles second hand atm. Any predictions as to how low these will plummet to in the immediate future?

Given how these things seem to be sitting forever at the dealers I recon if you walked in with a cash offer of £25K your get a call back by the end of the week to meet you half way.....say no that, and the final price wouldn't be much over £25k. 

Most cars are sold on finance, but which finance company is going to back a PCP deal on a dead end product with no dealership support? £25K might be way below asking price, but thats £25K in the bank versus a product they might not ever get a buyer for. If your serious make an offer, whats the worst that can happen?

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ilogikal1 said:

No dealership support? There’s f*cking hundreds of Nissan dealerships that sell parts for these things. Not to mention any indies! No dealership support...

And how much is a Nissan dealer going to give you for a Q60 in 3 years time? 

PCP deals need manufacture/dealers to support the GFV, otherwise they might as well by HP deals. No Nissan dealer is going to put their own money down to support any Infiniti PCP deal.

With a current APR of 5% for standard loans, £35k over 3 years is £1000/month. Is anyone seriously going to pay £1k/month on a car brand which is going to be nonexistent in the UK within 12 month?

If your actually seriously interested by buying I have no idea why your getting angry, go and offer £25k for Q60 been advertised for £35k, I think you might be surprised how receptive the dealer might be to the low ball offer.....Its a buyers market in situations like this, awful news for dealers but great news for for consumers.

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1

Am not sure what your arguing against?

I've never said the car wouldn't be supported mechanically by Nissan, but financial support on a new car is a totally different game.

Why would a Nissan dealer offer any kind of finance deal beyond the going rate on an Infiniti, especially with Nissan pulling official support for the brand in Europe?

But this is why as a potential cash buyer you have a real chance to grab a deal. If I was in a market for a reliable, well equipped 400bhp coupes I would be flashing the cash at the nearest Infiniti dealer and gauging how desperate they are. 

However the fact Infiniti couldn't persuade me to spend my cash on one of their products despite me having owned 4 past Nissan's probably shows why they have no immediate future in the European market.

Infiniti had a real chance to be a stand out brand, especially if they had committed to EVs backs in 2010, as some concept cars suggested. But life if full of ifs and buts.

Here was me assuming you understood what materiality meant. Nissan have a vested, financial interest in making it work for as long as possible.

i don’t know why you think they’re just suddenly going to accept any amount of money they can get for their stock when sales have fallen significantly over the last two years yet prices haven’t followed suit. Why would they suddenly have a fire sale now? What, because they’ve stated they’re dropping a brand name in a certain region? Nothing changes in terms of the business model except they stop bringing certain products into certain markets in the first place.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Buy late 2020 when prices have plummeted and slap on some Vossen rims on it like the Stillen modified one. Not a crazy idea. I would aim for one below 25k miles. Guess we'll see how things pan out in 12 months from now.