BERK HFC for 370z

skyrapier

Looking for a berk hfc preferably or something similar - Let me know if anyone selling ;) as I am looking to bring out the true sound of a stock 370Z.

What are the differences in sound from stock to fitting the berk HFC? Ive heard couple clips on youtube, but would like a proper feedback on these or any other recommendations that would be best suited to best expose the true V6 sound.

I’m running mine with a fast intentions true dual exhaust, so whilst not stock like you’ve asked, I can tell you that after adding the Berks hfc’s the sound was much deeper. Definitely a big improvement sound wise. For me though (maybe not for others) I don’t like the hiss sound they generate when you lift off the accelerator or change gear.

• Thanks 1

Like yourself I was sitting on the fence about getting berks or something else. Adrian let me know about the Torqen HFC and in the end decided to support a local business. The fabrication work was absolutely stunning on the hfc I couldn't fault them at all (more then welcome to show you the pictures If you'd like) and the sound difference was immense. Admittedly I have an invidia system on mine and I presume by your post you still have the stock exhaust so it might be slightly different, however the hfc really brought the best out of the sound. Made it louder (not massively) but so much deeper. Not raspy at all. I honestly don't think I'd ever go back to standard cats after changing to the hfc. Had them on for about a month now. Easy to fit and have had no EML light either. Just be aware that on Mot day you need to make sure you go for a 'spirited drive' to get the cats nice and hot for the emition test. That goes for the berks as well! 

Edited by JSP
I can't spell
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks guys for the prompt response :D

Im actually new to the Z scene and really excited about it - but apologies in advance for the incoming noob questions haha.

Would you say the berk and the torqen pretty much do the same job in terms of sound? The Torqen deal above is so tempting right now :O but still unsure about the sound of this one? 

Any review of the Torqen hfc with a stock exhaust system? Or a sound/video clip would be awesome! 

thanks in advance :)