Undertrays

Marky67

I did. Torqen one, easy to install, but I paid a dealer to do it because they have a ramp. It's pretty self explanatory really, higher quality, stronger and has oil change flap so doesn't have to come off to do an oil change, unlike the OEM ones. I'd recommend it any day. Peace of mind too, stronger than the plastic crap!

Also probably cheaper too!

Edited by Mikevv
  • Thanks 1

I used to have the oem plastic one, it eventually broke away and became useless. I changed the front bumper to the new Nismo one and needed something rigid for perfect fitment.

Can't speak for Zspeed but the Torqen one fits perfectly. Rigid aluminium, has been finished so it's not razor sharp and comes with the required hardware. Wish I'd bought one sooner!

It was more exciting on track though, wondering if a stone would pierce my oil filter :blink:

Edited by TGC-Z33
  • Thanks 1

I bought a 'Z Speed' from TarmacSportz  (chris) .  Al alloy finish. Easy to fit.

It also is vented and has oil change flap, much better than  the disintegrating original and obviously worth another few mph!

Cost about £200 iirc and was kept in stock .

On 03/12/2018 at 22:32, Marky67 said:

Ok boys, anyone fitted an aftermarket undertray lately? Torqen / zspeed? Differences? Preferences? Advantages over stock plastic? Appreciate the advice.

Thanks for your order, Mark! Should be there tomorrow, already picked up by UPS. Post some pics when you fit it :) 

On 03/12/2018 at 22:32, Marky67 said:

Ok boys, anyone fitted an aftermarket undertray lately? Torqen / zspeed? Differences? Preferences? Advantages over stock plastic? Appreciate the advice.

Just fitted this to mine, really happy with it. 

3A09B248-6092-411B-BD93-A0567C8584DD.jpeg

29D28101-8388-4E68-8E1F-684D9C07FC96.jpeg

• Like 1

I had the Z Speed one on my old Zed and eventually I'll be changing out the OEM one on this car, but I'll probably go for the Torqen one as its a bit cheaper than the Z Speed and is exactly the same except the name.

1 hour ago, ilogikal1 said:

Out of interest, what’s this claim based on? Have you actually tested both to compare or is it just an assumption because it’s the one you’re selling?

From the research I did, there is lower air-pressure under the car (especially when helped with other aero mods) The tray (and zspeed/other alternatives) adds to this. This lower air-pressure helps suck out the air from the engine bay, via these vents which helps the hot air escape (which Torqen one has more of) so I think that's why it's better cooling.

Can't remember the articles I read, but more info is readily available if you have a quick google..

Downside is, it's heavier than zspeed but mine felt like it stiffened the front up a bit (though could have just been in my mind)..has fared fine against those speed bumps I've taken a bit too fast though!

Edited by Foo56

1 hour ago, Foo56 said:

From the research I did, there is lower air-pressure under the car (especially when helped with other aero mods) The tray (and zspeed/other alternatives) adds to this. This lower air-pressure helps suck out the air from the engine bay, via these vents which helps the hot air escape (which Torqen one has more of) so I think that's why it's better cooling.

Can't remember the articles I read, but more info is readily available if you have a quick google..

Downside is, it's heavier than zspeed but mine felt like it stiffened the front up a bit (though could have just been in my mind)..has fared fine against those speed bumps I've taken a bit too fast though!

I meant specifically with the Torqen undertray alone (unless that undertray comes with those other aero mods you mention). I just wondered if it’s a claim that Torqen could substantiate or if it’s an assumption based on something else.

Also, from looking at the pictures posted here, I’m not sure the Torqen version has “more” venting. It’s certainly different, and will therefore affect the airflow differently, but there doesn’t appear (visually) to be “more” to me.

Im not saying it doesn’t, by the way, I’ve not conducted any testing of it to suggest that, I was merely enquiring as to the basis of the claim.

Edited by ilogikal1