Should you use a DA to buff wax?

monkeybrain1234

Bought a DA 2 years ago, used it once :clap:

I am not going to paint correct but want to put a coat of wax on the car for winter . . . So will apply wax by hand, then can/should I use a DA to buff the wax off?  (Using FKP1000)  If so what kind of map should I use for this?

Just trying to get some use out of the DA to be honest. :rant: 

No.

If you're going to use it at all for wax, use it for applying not buffing. And only ever use a finishing pad! To be honest, using a DA to apply wax (especially FK1000P which is incredibly easy to use) is overkill and actually more effort than not, but if you really want to use it then use it to put the wax on & buff by hand.

• Thanks 1

Equally pointless when using FK1000P, TBH; the solvents in FK will just remove a glaze anyway.

Agreed if using a carnauba wax that plays nicely with the glaze, but not with 1000P. Although, if you're going to the effort using a machine polisher you might as well do some actual correction with it (even if it's just light correction), so I'd suggest at the very least an AIO with a fine cut. But again, not with FK. With FK I'd just go for a pure fine cut compound.

• Thanks 1

Thanks chaps.

Just wanted to get some use out of the DA that was all so thought applying wax/buffing could be a way to get use of out it.  (I like to get my moneys worth) :fool:

No problem will just use the good old hands.  Will do some correction in Spring.  So the DA can wait till then.

Thanks for advice, :sun: