Limp mode after heavy breaking/stall

SeeNoWeevil

Braked hard and then stalled when pulling away. The restart was longer than usual, more spins of the starter and a 'weak' start. This seemed to put the car in limp with no power and a high idle. Curiously no check engine light though. Pulled over when I could, restarted, still in limp. Pulled over again shortly after, left the car off for a few mins and it started up as normal. Idle back to normal and all power back. Any idea what's going on? I did notice a bit of a weak start after stalling this previous week actually.

Edited by SeeNoWeevil

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, limp mode returned and threw a CEL this time. 

lTjyLLE9xvak34EiCbmT38wZc1rLp4NMzyPSM5r6NBgFYzc3rar1K0Zhv_C-tE9w6CeOTXpb_VdZq2bjvC55SHfZrQ7-cf5osB9345jKRDThcbvcfTrYysp1C09HueLKfSHBQ8JS7KYaVvBY5Xs4-ScUgQARUuOLqb61R73Jhq-GAq7uMA-7kfEYHxM7QLWT--RdDwgPcfCypYjShnKuFR5VLN9BsHluCjV-vj_qcooFFv1_wFXaNHYxA5KOBmeAOi5WQszsaIac7ed48MIrEU8aNStMpiJOlRupvqRHeWUC8guzuuTyv1-09rz5lvTwDVZzk3L6eWXXMwqSfxrpYmYfiN9Bu00M5JJEiGO8fOpBE3nHZ3D4ywBV6QxjfF0EzZ4jYptWHxfqpdO9OMMyx-I_HIyi4nooPhqnGmYppRxjxBuDoNadKM4kaeeGq8b9MLh3VtfMGD67mvV5Oxmyda8PL-fC2gN1eNDJ82bQHuptUezf9TCwglbrAeUb8dDFaDpH2yLpxx1NIAgI9TEohX7RfG2SvUA6NyCYjQtK7E2vTnP2UW0P3-tb7k01JIPYYTE8DFPfguLQuEv4xqRRsRFPU9lOVlQmiQ5MOhRx6fkT4IXl6T-64HPnNZxnPgHPKMCqQOSaby1CxZ0HH3XrGIWwfg=w2304-h1728-no

Nissan are telling me it needs a heated oxygen sensor (I presume this is the one after the cat) AND a maf at a cost of £850. Why would both of these have gone at the same time? Isn't sensor 1 *pre* cat?? It sounds like they're just guessing to me. Any thoughts?

16 minutes ago, Ekona said:

They may well need changing, and a precat O2 is much more important than a postcat one, as that’s exactly what both of those codes are indicating. 

How is the battery, did you get it changed?

Battery was changed. I'm fairly sure it needed doing anyway. Would a bad maf not have a knock on effect on the O2 sensor? 

Thanks

Good question. In theory I guess it could, but I’d expect it to affect both sensors not just one. I’d prob change the MAF first and see what happens from there, make sure you get a genuine OEM and not a cheaper one, it may appear to work well at first but ultimately it’ll likely end up causing you more grief. 

15 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Good question. In theory I guess it could, but I’d expect it to affect both sensors not just one. I’d prob change the MAF first and see what happens from there, make sure you get a genuine OEM and not a cheaper one, it may appear to work well at first but ultimately it’ll likely end up causing you more grief. 

The maf is considerably the more expensive of the two, right?