dodgy car sale

Andre D

Lots of guides on here for how to get the most out of your NA engine. Spacer is a nice cheap fix before you map the engine - there are a number of map options out there now as well as uprev (think its ecutek? I havent paid as much attention over the last couple of years!)  so look into exactly what you want. Don't worry about the peak gains being relatively small either its area under the power curve that makes all the difference look for smoothing the power delivery and a consistent power increase across all revs, an extra 18bhp at 6000rpm is pretty much irrelevant in day to day driving. 

Plenum alone makes the rev up a little smoother I found, coldel is right though about the HR. But for such an easy to do mod, its worth doing before any remaps take place. By the sound of it, it may have some sport cats already. 

So now its all sorted, when can you post us some pictures?

• Haha 1

Well to go against popular opinion :surrender: there is not a chance i would spend 10% of the cars value for a remap plus the bits required and looking at the advisory sheet i would be getting a decent set of matching tyres on and if there is anything left over, some lowering springs (if thats your bag) and arb's, will make way way more difference than a remap :thumbs:

You could even be sensible as judging by the advisories i think you could do worse than get a full service and get it back to tip top running order :teeth:

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rabbitstew said:

Didnt realise it was a roadster! Awesome. Mine was a roadster and it was so much fun. I had the roof down 9/10 of the time all year around. Even in winter. You could stick the blowers on warm and just drive along in a bubble of warm air.

I had a few issues with the roof on mine, it liked to stick half way down sometimes and also above the drivers head, the metal which held the straps around the horizontal support bar started pealing back. 

Only other thing with the roadster is depending on how loud your exhaust is, the noise inside the cabin could be seriously loud. I had a cat back K1 exhaust and it was 96db inside the cabin. So loud the wife refused to go in the car again............ which wasnt a bad thing. :lol: :thumbs: 

funny that cause mine has the sports cats and pretty sure its a k1[it has removable baffles] and i have to almost shout to talk to wife and radio up high just to hear it, although with my wife its not so much the noise its the performance that upsets her although she does like the roof down with heated seats, just like a 4 wheeled motorbike. I am thinking of changing to something not so loud to be honest but will have to wait

1 hour ago, Jetpilot said:

Well to go against popular opinion :surrender: there is not a chance i would spend 10% of the cars value for a remap plus the bits required and looking at the advisory sheet i would be getting a decent set of matching tyres on and if there is anything left over, some lowering springs (if thats your bag) and arb's, will make way way more difference than a remap :thumbs:

You could even be sensible as judging by the advisories i think you could do worse than get a full service and get it back to tip top running order :teeth:

yeah tyres are top priority right now jet, your right about that and other bits need sorting but im a bloke i gotta have one eye on making it even quicker lol, its all about 0-60 for me, coming from serious sports bikes

ok new plates will be here friday. just ordered, next is rear tyres as they need doing soon and i dont think they were much good anyway, anyone with suggestions from the major brands, and should they be 245/45/18 on standard rays or do you put wider profile on

24 minutes ago, Keyser said:

Looks lovely :thumbs:

thanks Keyser, she is in very good nick for 65,000. some wire brush work needed underneath but only surface, need to treat with something but thats for summer, fancy a tastefull spoiler but not seen anything, tricky for a roadster dont you think?

1 hour ago, Jetpilot said:

The only thing that will change that is a supercharger, there isnt a remap in the world that will alter a 350z's 0-60 sorry to say :thumbs:

its fine apart from maybe a tamer less noisy exhaust im quite happy how it is

Same colour and spec as mines by the look of it! (except for the rear sensors which I do miss from my previous car)

It's a great looking car! Mine has spacers all round which helps the wheels fill the arches a bit better :)

From what I've read, other than a supercharger, any power mods aren't really worth it as you need to do a lot for minimal gain. 

Yes dont do induction, spacer, exhaust etc and remap expecting to have your neck broken the second you press the throttle. What it does do is eliminate flat spots across the power delivery and give an overall improvement of around 5% across the rev range. The drive will be better, but as mentioned a number of times, you wont suddenly notice any significant power change. And get a good exhaust/cat combo you get a much better sound!

6 hours ago, coldel said:

Yes dont do induction, spacer, exhaust etc and remap expecting to have your neck broken the second you press the throttle. What it does do is eliminate flat spots across the power delivery and give an overall improvement of around 5% across the rev range. The drive will be better, but as mentioned a number of times, you wont suddenly notice any significant power change. And get a good exhaust/cat combo you get a much better sound!

well it came with sports cats, k1 exhaust, induction kit, thats all i can physically see, its already quick enough for me tbh, so i think for now i will concentrate on tyres and doing bits like linkages bushes etc

Michelin Pilot Sport 4s are great tyres, but are pretty much at the ceiling in terms of cost. From a mid range POV, I had good experience from Falken Azenis. I have Dunlop Sportmaxx GT's all round on mine, and although they are brilliant in the warm, they break traction very easily in the cold.