dodgy car sale

Andre D

well the sport cat idea was probably wrong and new nissan cats i assume would cost a fortune, i dont mind 2nd hand cats if it gets me driving again soon, as for dealer providing them, they couldnt even post me the battery cover that was left off during the mot, it would probably take weeks of me asking/reminding all the time they will stall so the dispute runs out of time[ i have to assume the worse case] the sport cats can be ordered and delivered in short space of time and they would be the berk type i guess[ unless anyone else has a better make in mind] so getting it done would be quick, but no one seems to have any standard cats for a revup de motor, so it would mean waiting which i dont want to do. nightmare!

i just told the dealer im going for refund. its gonna be too much hastle to try and sort in a short space of time, he said he will get them, i said after all thats gone on i dont trust him, im 5k down with car i cant drive.Its getting a bit complicated now, i didnt realise its different cats for different engine revisions!

28 minutes ago, Andre D said:

so why do sites list exhaust upto model year 05 and others 06-09 

DE & Revup have a slightly different exhaust to the HR.  DE 03-04 RevUp 05-06 HR 07-09

You want the pre 07 exhausts if you do decide to replace, it's not that complicated

Edited by Kryptek49

Nice one. Nothing like a deadline to hurry things along. Running around sorting things out shouldn't be on you.  If you end up returning (having it collected) don't worry. There are lots more Zeds out there. 

What's annoying is the whole point of buying off a dealer is that you shouldn't have to be hyper diligent. Its all on them really. Especially with the credit card payment. Seems like a silly risk by them. Its all well and good saying the driver is at fault if he gets pinged by an ANPR, ok you'd get done. But if the sale is void you don't have to look after the car. 

Unfortunately I deal with this kind of thing day to day.  People buy a car,  and after 2 weeks it develops a fault. The dealership doesn't want to know and just push the customer on to the warranty company who push the customer to Halfords.

I agree with not getting second hand cats though when it's not your cash. Get a quote for new cats, fitted, and get the dealer to pay...If you decide to keep the car. They are ace cars,  but buying an ex project can be problematic. I try to keep mine on the legal side, I have kinnetix sport cats and they go through on emissions when they're hot. I do get an occasional eml though. 

hi Kieran the deadline is because they were giving me the runaround and i just had enough, if they dont cough up it goes back and they know im not bluffing as you say there is plenty more out there.Although i do keep staring at the car lol

1 hour ago, Jay84 said:

Unfortunately I deal with this kind of thing day to day.  People buy a car,  and after 2 weeks it develops a fault. The dealership doesn't want to know and just push the customer on to the warranty company who push the customer to Halfords.

I agree with not getting second hand cats though when it's not your cash. Get a quote for new cats, fitted, and get the dealer to pay...If you decide to keep the car. They are ace cars,  but buying an ex project can be problematic. I try to keep mine on the legal side, I have kinnetix sport cats and they go through on emissions when they're hot. I do get an occasional eml though. 

hi jay yes im looking at the same cats[kinetix] as they seem to get through mot from what threads i have read so far. but thats on the assumption the dealer coughs up, i know oem new cats would be ideal but i want to be realistic, at the end of the day the dealer would have paid as little as possible to get it through mot before i picked it up, at least this way i know whats been done and looking to the future im gonna probably put another exhaust on it. They have deliberately been a pain in the ass to deal with to the point where they are saying its not they're fault, to read the messages back is cringe worthy i wish i could post the entire conversation its most entertaining for a neutral.

Even with Kinetix sports cats there’s always the chance they won’t pass an emissions test. Like any other sports cats, they need to be warmed up properly and “prepared” for an MOT.

Your safest bet is OEM (or equivalent) cats. It’s not on you to worry about the cost, as admirable as that is. If the dealer won’t pay for new OEM cats return the car - it’ll cost them a lot more to do that anyway!

thankyou a big worry has gone and im celebrating with a couple of beers tonight. never had a roadster or a 350z or a 2 seater, some more ticks off the bucket list, didnt realise how rapid these cars are. now to think of upgrades. im thinking an uprev as she has sport cats, stainless, and induction kit. but im open to suggestions

14 hours ago, Andre D said:

. never had a roadster or a 350z or a 2 seater, some more ticks off the bucket list,

Didnt realise it was a roadster! Awesome. Mine was a roadster and it was so much fun. I had the roof down 9/10 of the time all year around. Even in winter. You could stick the blowers on warm and just drive along in a bubble of warm air.

I had a few issues with the roof on mine, it liked to stick half way down sometimes and also above the drivers head, the metal which held the straps around the horizontal support bar started pealing back. 

Only other thing with the roadster is depending on how loud your exhaust is, the noise inside the cabin could be seriously loud. I had a cat back K1 exhaust and it was 96db inside the cabin. So loud the wife refused to go in the car again............ which wasnt a bad thing. :lol: :thumbs: