Brembo brake discs.

R dumolo

Hi everyone

I'm new to this site, ive had my 350z for about 2 years and now have to change my discs. I changed them to delphi discs and i had an issue with warping (checked all the usual suspects eg callipers tight, pads sticking or uneven wear etc) a poorer quality disc imo.

I've heard many things about brembo discs on here and was wondering if i should opt for the standard vented discs or go for slotted as they will have less cooling issues.

Thanks in advance

Delphi is a decent budget aftermarket Brembo style brake disc and should serve you well if fitted correctly and not used for track use.

Nowadays it is very unusual for brake discs to warp and I suspect that your issue was DTV, caused by poor a fitment procedure.

You do not mention what brand of new pad you fitted.

• Like 1

What's your driving style? Are you a casual driver, a fast road driver or do you take it out on track?

Casual driver, I'd say just go normal.

Fast road, I'd say go slotted. Personally I don't like the idea of drilled as it can weaken them.

For fast road and track I'd recommend changing from brembo to something else. But this depends on your driving needs.

I don't take it out to the track but i am fairly fast on the road, i had delphi pads fitted. I also forgot to mention that i had an issue with the drivers side front warping and got a replacement under warranty which also warped after 6 weeks. I had a mechanic fit the disc in question that warped again, before that he checked for any other signs to why it was warping.

I had ferodo pads and DBA discs. They were great for fast fast road driving. I think people nowadays recommend StopTech. I'm sure some others will give their opinion.

What's your budget? Have a look at what Cougar Store offer. Great place to buy from and they don't stock anything you should avoid. I'm sure others here are good to buy from, but I only ever got my brakes from CS so can't comment.

Other traders which are still very good are Horsham Developments, Torquen, and Tarmac Sportz.

Just a few months ago I stuck some Brembo disc and pads on me 350z there new line that have dimples witch looks wise I think look great :teeth: .I only use my zed at weekends not used much since fitted still bedding in that I always in my opion the is the  best, my mechanic said at least 200 miles but I will do a bit more me thinks to be sure.

Somebody I work with used to supple high performance parts and we had a discussion on these that I fitted, he was saying they weren't Bembo..! :wacko: so I wasn't having it I purchased from ECP (Recomended Brembo Supplier)  I know not my favourite place really..!!, he then explained that they are made by another supplier made for Bembo.

Sorry to ramble on..!! :lol: but thought might be worth saying.So just wondering if any one would know for sure.? :)

I won't know how good they are till next year now :(