It's new 911 time!

Ekona

Yeah cuz seating is where I always fall down when trying to convince the SO of the next car I want :lol:

Got to say, I'm not a hater, I had fond boyhood dreams of 911's ever since my uncle took me out in his and at no point did he ask me to hold anything. I did a red letter track day thing where I drove one as well as a Ferrari, and I desperately wanted the Porsche to be better(it wasn't). Nowadays though, I don't think it would feature on my wish list. Not to say I don't respect them. 

Edited by Jay84

Front wheel arches remind me of a 350Z therefore good - I also I like the full width rear light but, for some reason, the bodywork above it looks a bit incongruous

Think I'll stick with my 997.2 for the time being :)

Edited by ATTAK Z

Configurator is up! :D https://www.porsche.com/uk/modelstart/all/?modelrange=911 if you want to go and have a play.

This is what I'd go for as a reasonable build, no real fancy stuff but it covers off the basics of what I'd want. Not entirely sure I'd be brave enough to order that colour combo IRL, but I think Lizard might be better than Miami now... http://www.porsche-code.com/PLH8LUR7 if you want to take a look. Generate your own by clicking 'Show summary' and then 'Generate Porsche code'.

9921.jpg.8631b7fe49e479d433ff8ecd9f8a2e87.jpg9922.jpg.3908525aa4b84d31436385ce18978943.jpg

Edited by Ekona

18 hours ago, Jay84 said:

I had fond boyhood dreams of 911's ever since my uncle took me out in his and at no point did he ask me to hold anything

pmsl!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

14 hours ago, DoogyRev said:

I think it looks nice B) . .. .  just need a bucket of money to get one :lol:

Just get an older one for £15k as they all look the same right? :thumbs:

Im sure ive seen a porsche with the light bar years ago....she was gone. My bro has the 911 carrera non turbo. Very nice cars indeed. One day maybe a Cayman 3.4/ GTS or Carrera T is enough for me. 

If I ever hit the lotto GT2RS for sure. 4 pot porsches :thumbdown:

We cant say the signature design is long in the tooth its a premium brand. :snack:

Edited by GranTurismoEra

5 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Dreamers........ Lol no offence, but never understood why folks would do a mock up just for kicks. Everyone's different right.

ahhh the dreaded configurator. Thats what dreams are made of. If you wish it to happen enough it will!

Dont step on dreams

post brek zit anything is possible :stir:

I think it’s actually rather beautiful. I don’t mind the read being clean the horizontal vents/slats on vack end have always bothered me on the 911 and I think this looks way better for not having them. Agree with Davey about the 911 being unnecessary. If you don’t know what this is looking at it, you shouldn’t be allowed to buy one. Not sure any 911 would convince me to part with £100k but that’s a very subjective thing, I’d be sniffing around Aston at this price point, but I just love their vibe. Gorgeous though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SuperStu said:

Not sure any 911 would convince me to part with £100k but that’s a very subjective thing, I’d be sniffing around Aston at this price point, but I just love their vibe. Gorgeous though.

I am with you all the way on that, 100k seems like a huge chunk for a bottom of the line 911, but when a Cayman can be £75k, i guess its just the way the car industry is going :surrender:

Good God, a new 911 and Dan goes crazy :lol: Not brown seats though!!! C'mon!? Not so sure on the dash, but again 911's have always had a simple no fuss style to it.  The rear I agree is a bit...something (is it the tailpipes too close together? a dunno..) Hate the grated/slatted air vent thingy on the back but I do appreciate the classic lightbar across the whole rear end!  I do slightly like the most modern 911's with the wider look :blush: ...but I'd still go buy something slower and likely less reliable...just so I didn't own a Porsche :lol::p

On 28/11/2018 at 23:50, Ekona said:

............................. Not entirely sure I'd be brave enough to order that colour combo IRL, ..............................

9921.jpg.8631b7fe49e479d433ff8ecd9f8a2e87.jpg

That's an awesome colour IMO but some say I like Green a bit to much :lol:

I seem to be with the majority - I quite like it except the back is not quite right somehow.

Deadpool film style "I'd hit that"  :lol:

Not on my current wish list - mind you it's currently a very short list as I'm not looking at them moment :)

Edited by Keyser

**** you all, brown leather is a lovely colour on the right car :p 

Although I do admit it would work better with a white or cream exterior. One guy on PH, Carl I think his name is, had a gorgeous 997.2TT in cream with cocoa interior. Absolutely stunning in the flesh. 

20 minutes ago, Ekona said:

**** you all, brown leather is a lovely colour on the right car :p 

Although I do admit it would work better with a white or cream exterior. One guy on PH, Carl I think his name is, had a gorgeous 997.2TT in cream with cocoa interior. Absolutely stunning in the flesh. 

I checked out the Crayon when it was new (I travelled to Kendal just to see it) and quite liked it. As you say, when combined with cocoa leather, it would look classy IMO