Weird engine RPM when I put my foot down

veeg33

I think this started a few weeks before I change my exhaust. I felt it but wasn't sure. But after exhaust change, this seems to be getting more and more obvious hence I did some trial to confirm. I hope this is not related to the new exhaust, just purely coincidence that it happen at the same time.

Cruising at 20 mph, on 3rd gear. Put my foot down on the accelerator, without downshifting to 2nd. Engine RPM shoots up rapidly about 1000RPM to 1500RPM, then decreases about 500-700RPM and then slowly raises up again as the car accelerate.

Or sometimes when I shift to 2nd gear (low speed at around 15mph to 20mph), similar thing happened, shoots up rapidly and decrease 200-500RPM before continue to accelerate as per normal.

Will the pedal dance sort this out or maybe not? -->

Can't afford a remap now as just paid for a full exhaust system + W-brace + side diffusers. Before remap, I'll need to purchase more stuffs (HFC and plenum spacer) hence easily another £1k including remap :surrender:

If your engine revs are climbing and you aren't accelerating like you should be... Then classic clutch slip symptoms :(

My normal test is 4th or 5th gear and use the torque and you will likely experience slipping then if you're clutch is on its way out! 

I have an exedy stage 1 clutch and smf in the garage waiting for the day :lol:

• Like 1