2003 350z HFC Berks Advice

JimmyWhite1

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a set of Berks from someone off the 350z UK Facebook page. The person who sold them said in his add they were only a few months old but went back to decat. I hadn't taken the Berks out of the box until now because I was waiting for my mechanic to fit them, unfortunately though, one of them has a rather loud clunk when you move them, my mechanic seems to think the baffle has come loose or something. The person said they were fine when he shipped them, and unfortunately I paid through PayPal (not services). Is there anything I or my mechanic can do with them? There's a chance the courier (parcel force) was heavy handed, or perhaps the person wasn't telling me the truth, either way I'm now sat with one good HFC and one rattly HFC :( .

Thanks in advance

Edited by JimmyWhite1
Mistake

I've heard good things about Berks, but I suppose anything is possible like you say! I will contact parcel force and see what they say, I'll also speak to someone who does welding and see if they might be up to the job - failing that, I'll have to sell one good HFC :(

Hi Jimmy,

Sorry to hear about your problems. If it helps we have a good deal on our HFCs at the moment, but willing to help a brother out and make the discount even higher for you:

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/exhausts/high-flow-cats/14950-350z-de-torqen-high-flow-cats-trq-vqde-hfc.html

PM me if you need a brand new set.

Adrian

12 minutes ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

Is this guy on any of the Facebook groups? 

Yes, I purchased them from him off of the 350z & 370z UK Owners Club Selling Page - Was hoping everything would be fine considering!

Edited by JimmyWhite1
Spelling

18 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Pretty sure the same set were selling on gumtree also line the lines of used for a week before fitting decats. £400, then a couple weeks later down to £300.

Quite possible it's the same ones, or maybe people are selling them because they are unreliable! It's a shame because as I said before, I've only read positive things about them, but it seems a lot of people go down the decat route.

• 2 months later...