Possible clutch slip - advice needed

Kryptek49

I've owned my HR for around 3 months now, and have noticed the following happening twice in a month.

I was putting my foot down on a straight and shifting through 2nd, 3rd, 4th with no issues.  I put the car into fifth and as I pulled the clutch up the revs didn't drop down immediately. I shifted somewhere between 5-6k I think.

Normally as soon as the clutch is up the revs drop right down, but they hovered at around 4k for maybe a second then went back to normal.  The accelerator was pushed to the floor the whole time the revs were hanging.

Is this my clutch slipping?

The car is on 97k miles, but I've got an invoice for a new clutch and DMF that was installed roughly 30K miles ago, so any clutch issues would be quite early on in its life?

Anyone got any advice on this?

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, raptor07GT said:

if you try accelerating from 30mph in 4th and see if the revs rise with the speed or shoot up then you'll know if the clutch is slipping. I assume you were of the throttle when changing gear?

Yeah I'd heard that high gear, low speed, uphill is a good test for a slipping clutch.  I took the car uphill in 6th at about 40-50mph and it pulled slowly but strongly, definitely no clutch slip there.

Yes off the throttle - clutch down - clutch up while applying revs - revs hang for a second - back to normal.

This has only happened twice in my 3 months of driving. Once shifting to 4th, and this time when shifting to 5th