Brexit again

Jetpilot

11 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

Absolutely a business would negotiate the best deal they can but purely theoretical question on that, you dont believe if a deal offered between business's was declined (which it has in this case) "they" would concede further for their own interests/business?  I suggest thats cutting off your nose to spite your face and not business in any shape or form. 

Bearing in mind it doesnt seem the bulk of it is not  widely accepted, its not like "we" are asking for completely different terms or benefits, 1 issue (although complicated) that seems to need further resolution which might just get it done and agreed in law. You would personal think both "business's" would be all over that :thumbs:

Andy above, Maggz and others have said it, the EU are setting president to try to stamp out the rot and keep their dream alive, its way beyond just business agreements, we are the scapegoats and if we leave without a deal and if we look to be surviving and getting on forging new deals under wto, others will follow sometime down the line.

I can see this rolling and rolling, what if Italy, Poland or anyone else wants out or Scotland want out of the UK, we are forever more going to be discussing borders.

How are we scapegoats? What are you talking about?

The UK decided to leave the EU because it thinks it's better off without it. But instead of leaving it demands all EU benefits without any payments or conssessions. 

The EU has been clear from before the vote happened. Accept all 3 pillars or don't have any. But our cretin politicians keep lying to us and ourselves that they can get a good deal which includes 1.5 pillars. 

Free movement of goods, but not people. No tarrifs on financial services and no ECJ rule. 

No border between Ireland and N Ireland, and no border in the UK. So if there's no borders how can you not be part of the EU? 

So everything we've been warned about has happened, how is that being a scapegoat?

Italy cannot leave. They'll go bust in a year. They have a 375 billion EUR deficit and are begging the ECB for a bailout. How the hell do you see them leaving? Do you think them returning the Lira will help them?

And Poland? Here's what Poland has become because of the EU:

Screenshot_20190119-021419.png.e86a975bddad71cb4fa08a2d748ef807.png

Edited by Maggz
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

So if we do leave with no deal and if we look to be fairing ok, do you think others would follow?

Also please explain how the UK can do fairly well after it leaves? Only country in the world that will trade exclusive by WTO tarrifs until first trade deals get made.

Americans are conditioning their trade deal with NHS privatisation, food and health standards being lowered, and car safety standards being lowered. And that's only for starting any negotiations. 

Australia had conditions about food standards lowering. 

What do you think Chinese will do? Request all spoils of war returned, visa free travel or severally laxed visas are implemented. 

Who else? India? Russia? Who else do we want to make conssessions with? 

I'm genuinely interested in where these great opportunities lie. 

To me it looks like we've cut off one of our feet and are trying to get ready to run a marathon. We're going to be in a severely weakened negotiating position with all the countries we want to make trade deals with, as we won't have any in place and only WTO rules to use. That's not a good starting place...

Edited by Maggz
  • Like 1

Thought Id contribute one post. I admit I dont know if this is relevant but if you arent a fan of Corbyn then check this. Even though hes got a history of flip flopping apparently on the issue of brexit. Interesting speech. Video I stumbled across.

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, ATTAK Z said:

Yeah he’s gone up 1 point in my estimation but he’s still a weasel, and certainly not to be trusted.

That's a bit strong to call him a weasel, I mean Dan can be a bit direct from time to time but....

...you meant Gove, didn't you? :blush:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

...and what will be seen as political fodder, Dyson a pro Brexit business, up sticks and move their Exec team and head office location to Singapore. Obviously since he decided to build the new electric car in Asia and not the UK and shifting his sales focus off to Asia instead of Europe clearly he championed something which he knew from a business perspective has little or no impact on his business. :dry: a bit underhanded if you ask me. 

7 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

Re Dyson, no job losses and continued investment into the UK is the actual news :thumbs:

While trading with EU from Singapore through their free trade agreement, and being in an advantageous position as non UK companies will have tarrifs and will be less competitive. 

He was willing to throw the country under the bus for his financial gain, while he planned the move to Singapore to still have a free trade agreement he can use to trade in the EU. 

Completely normal, patriotic, and in the country's interest,....right? 

Edited by Maggz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

More people hard up, more people out of work = more people to drink in Wetherspoons.

I went in one the other week after my daughter raved about how good value it was. I did not find it 'that' cheap but it was certainly nasty.