Brexit again

Jetpilot

2 minutes ago, Ekona said:

*nicks the big metal rod and does a runner*

Dan, fun fact, did you know this? :lol: :lol: 

"His father was a taxi driver, of a British Jewish family in Edgware, Middlesex.His paternal grandparents were Jews who arrived in Britain from Romania a century ago. Having settled in the UK, the family Anglicised its surname from Berkowitz to Bercow."

Bloody immigruntz, innit blud?!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

Dan, fun fact, did you know this? :lol: :lol: 

"His father was a taxi driver, of a British Jewish family in Edgware, Middlesex.His paternal grandparents were Jews who arrived in Britain from Romania a century ago. Having settled in the UK, the family Anglicised its surname from Berkowitz to Bercow."

Bloody immigruntz, innit blud?!

No his grandfather and 2 great uncles died fighting in the second world war and i had to listen to my gran who was dying of cancer saying that maybe cancer was a good thing because she didn't want to live in this world anymore as this wasn't what they fought for.

Also my family can be traced back over 600 years to Scotland. I'm british and proud.

Edited by Bullet

2 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

And why do you think Cameron offered the referendum, anything to with the growing popularity of Ukip possibly, 52% said they want independence remember. I could put up some info re other member states feelings towards the EU but no doubt they wont suit you so a pointless discussion! 

Talking out my ass, no dude, you just dont like being pulled up on your ridiculous sweeping statements :wave:

Just post everything you have. Saying you know @*!# but don't want to give any resources sounds like a kindergarten argument.

Also you don't seem to know why Cameron called the referendum which is a bit sad really. He did it to get the Tori brexiters off his back as he was sure it won't pass. They've been crying about Europe for years in the party, so he wanted to shut them up apparently. There was no majority at that point, not even close lol. Leave campaign in combination with kids not voting won it. 

"No" what? Was I wrong about his Romanian roots? Source?

As a fun fact, I've traced my family all the way to 1507, all in the same village in Romania. My dad was the first the left the village. I was the first that left the country. :lol:

I'm as British as you are, buddy, I'm a citizen. I'm at least as proud as you are for being British. I'm also extremely proud about my latin roots, being born in Romania. 

:) 

• Like 1

It is like watching a novis play chess thinking about the next move. If I was eu and we're going to use gb as an example unto others, allow a no deal. Watch us start trade with row. At next g8 impose a carbon footprint tax where distance travelled is even more heavily penalised. It'll pass because it's hipster and green. How would we afford that? Canada and aus don't care, we're not their neighbour, or their biggest trade partner. 

Edited by Jay84

2 minutes ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

"No" what? Was I wrong about his Romanian roots? Source?

As a fun fact, I've traced my family all the way to 1507, all in the same village in Romania. My dad was the first the left the village. I was the first that left the country. :lol:

I'm as British as you are, buddy, I'm a citizen. I'm at least as proud as you are for being British. I'm also extremely proud about my latin roots, being born in Romania. 

:) 

Oh hahahah :):), Had many of your family die fighting for this country ??? I'm glad you think its such a laughing matter.

4 minutes ago, Bullet said:

Oh hahahah :):), Had many of your family die fighting for this country ??? I'm glad you think its such a laughing matter.

I wasn't laughing, why so bitter? I was smiling, very friendly. 

My family didn't die fighting for "this country", but you can read more about the UK / RO close relationship here:

https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CDP-2018-0144

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dr-ion-jinga/romania-uk-diplomacy_b_6686768.html

Won't take long, max 10 minutes, I promise. 

I disagree with war comments. It wasn't us against all of Europe. It was half of Europe against half of Europe. We won by uniting. 

Edit: I'm well aware rest of the world was involved. 

Edited by Jay84

2 hours ago, Bullet said:

Does quite work like that though does it ?

Bmw sells 11% of its cars to us meager 60 million in the Uk but only sells 7% to the 1.4 billion in china. There also needs to be demand and wealth for sales.

Bmw sells 0 cars to the 1.4 billion in Africa.... because they can't afford them.

The UK has massive buying power. 

Wait so your point is BMW sells more cars in China than the UK?

That doesn't make the UK a better place to do businesses with does it? 

Also, I like most of you on this forum (not met everyone), no matter political, religious etc views. You've all helped me with my zed and we've had interesting discussions of various topics. Can we not get so personal on this thread please? By all means throw internet findings at each other,  but no mud slinging. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

I wasn't laughing, why so bitter? I was smiling, very friendly. 

My family didn't die fighting for "this country", but you can read more about the UK / RO close relationship here:

https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CDP-2018-0144

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dr-ion-jinga/romania-uk-diplomacy_b_6686768.html

Won't take long, max 10 minutes, I promise. 

Yeah right someone tells you that family members died....Your reaction...."smiling", i hope i get to return the favor.

Tony (ex torqen customer)

3 minutes ago, StevoD said:

Wait so your point is BMW sells more cars in China than the UK?

That doesn't make the UK a better place to do businesses with does it? 

Mis Read your point

Although there is plenty of Bmws in South Africa? 

Edited by StevoD
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Bullet said:

"After UK goes to the gutter for a decade"....You'd better get out while you can then mate

Not rocket science mate

I think the UK will need me and my taxes if I'm totally honest, especially the way things are going. So I'll let you thank me for staying...

1 hour ago, Bullet said:

What the hell is wrong with you? No-one has said that at all.

And having someone die for their country doesn't give them more or less of a say on this matter, or any matter come to think of it. We're all entitled to a viewpoint, and even if our family did or didn't serve or did or didn't have cancer or can trace our roots back 20 mins or 2000 years is utterly irrelevant. Your whole "Well you better leave then mate, bloody foreigners etc" attitude is utterly repulsive, and tbh it's really not the kind of attitude we expect from members on here. Nor decent people in general, tbh.

• Like 6

There's a lot of casual condemnation of leavers on this thread as ignorant, economically illiterate fools that is accepted when it should be challenged

You'd have thought a Forum that polled in favour of Brexit wouldn't be the place for that and the Remaniacs would be getting more of a roasting. A lot of  the 'swivel-eyed loons' people are biting their tongues? 

Or have minds really changed and its time for a people's poll on here?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bullet said:

You'd better get out while you can then mate ;)

Now Maggz has got to get out?

Even though you’ve already got out a few pages ago? 

On 09/12/2018 at 18:44, Bullet said:

I'm done here.

But then undemocratically got back in? 

Make up your mind if you want to be part of this discussion thread. If you do, that’s great, but this thinly veiled followed up with a ;) stops right here.

• Haha 2

Ok people, last chance.  It's time to stop the personal insults and constant playground bickering NOW.  Actually some of the comments are worse than that but I'm trying to be polite.  Generally this is and has been a pretty good thread so lets keep it that way.  The issuer of the next personal insult will result in that member being blocked, at least temporarily, from this forum.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ekona said:

What a waste of time that was.

I watched it unfurl on Sky News, the supporters of TM said it was a victory, the no confidence said it was a victory and labour still say they want an election, so absolutely a waste of time, except she didnt get voted out!

One highlight did pop up though, an interview with Sturgeon where she stated she is waiting to put forward her plan for the next "once in a lifetime" vote on their "independence".