Brexit again

Jetpilot

My uni fees never bothered me, although it was before top up fees were introduced. I got a student loan which I've nearly paid off. I think we need fees though, the lecturers need paying a wage, plus the general running of an institution all cost money. The problem with no fee's and Uni's that take on everyone is that we end up with surpluses people with degrees, meaning we end up with more unemployed post grads. I have an English degree, and I would probably have got where I am today without it if I'm honest

56 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

The young voters vote was a pretty easy one to win, scrap uni fees, job done votes won! 

If we’re getting into lazy stereotypes you could equally say, “the old voters was a pretty easy one to win, scrap foreigners, job done votes won!”

• Like 1

I wont disagree at all Stu, i cant believe a man of your intellect actually believes the majority of students voted for Labour for their manifesto, a sudden interest in politics and voting when they said they would scrap uni fees, they even stereotyped themselves by saying as much on social media  :thumbs:. As much as the "bus" was marketing genius (quoting Ekona), win the youth vote by scraping uni fees was equally as good. 

Edited by Jetpilot

20 hours ago, Ekona said:

And still it stayed as THE slogan of the campaign. I hope whoever came up with it was paid handsomely, because it’s absolute genius in terms of marketing. 

If fabricating information is your idea of "genius marketing" then I suppose youre right. 

All Ill say is "if you like my post, Ill give you a tenner - and thats a promise" :lol:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

Funny how the remainers jump to that bus and tell all us stupid brexiters what it meant and how we read it and we were scammed and lied too, did you stop to think for one second maybe we didnt interpret or read it wrong and knew exactly what it meant?? The answer is no of course you didnt, but of course you will want to tell me thats what i and others believed otherwise you just cant seem to get your head around why people voted out, perhaps the most important words to Brexiters were at the bottom ;)

LETS TAKE BACK CONTROL 

Shame it doesnt seem like its turning out like that.........at the moment B)

How can you possibly know what someone esle was thinking?  You've used that to justify your argument and at that exact point your argument became invalid because you assumed something or  wanted it to be true because it suited your argument..

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

Exactly the same as how Magzz assumed everyone voted leave because they were scammed by the bus, which he has repeated time and again, as i said "perhaps" the other statement was the most important, not it is, quite a difference B)

When did I assume or say everyone voted one way because of one thing? 

What else are we making up today?

On 19/11/2018 at 22:51, Maggz said:

But people voted based on lies, fabrications

On 19/11/2018 at 22:53, Maggz said:

So vote on two things people got scammed in to 

Let me guess, i read it wrong, seems to be a lot of that on this thread :lol:

1 hour ago, Jetpilot said:

Let me guess, i read it wrong, seems to be a lot of that on this thread :lol:

2 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

Exactly the same as how Magzz assumed everyone voted leave because they were scammed by the bus, 

You first say I said the bus was why everyone voted leave, and then quote me using plural when describing they got lied to. 

Now you have to decide what you want to stick to, but at least decide. Was it one thing - the bus, or many things which you've quoted me on? 

Well its just getting completely daft now. Labour, who have no alternative to the May Deal, continue to ridicule it with no other intention than to get a GE despite the fact they are putting the economy at risk by doing so. Legal advice released which shows by invoking a backstop we could be stuck in customs union purgatory, but to be honest we identified that pages back on this thread. That said still no other party/MP has suggested a sensible way to get around the backstop should it be needed. No deal throws the country into chaos, with for example the car industry saying it changes many decisions about where it manufactures cars. And a government with so little backing in the commons everything they put forward is voted against. 

Well this is a jolly fine mess we 'gotten ourselves into...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ekona said:

They’re all a bunch of idiots. Why can they not understand it’s this deal or no deal?

Because greed is taking over my friend, at an unprecedented scale. The Labour party cannot see beyond the end of their nose with only one vision in mind, which is a general election win. Whether having a GE right now with the clock ticking towards March 2019 and rejecting the deal means huge economic uncertainty potentially crippling impact on jobs, GDP, investment etc. means nothing to Labour, they will simply quote back during the even bigger mess whilst in government that it was the Tories that got us there. Exactly the same hand wringing we get from Theresa May whenever the economy is mentioned its alway 'oh well Labour took us to X Y and Z whilst they were in government' - it really is a sad time for young people to be seeing politics unfortunately.   

• Like 1

All that said above, May has shot herself in the foot as being shown to be effectively bending the truth about the backstop given the now public legal advice. We all knew the backstop was tying us to the EU, she said the EU would be flexible with its implementation so we are relying on good will - legally as the document has pointed out we could be tied until the EU decides otherwise and everyone is hopping mad at this, but this was clear from the day the deal document was published its just being used as a propaganda issue now for those wishing the deal to be struck down, which I suspect it will be.

Very wise words there Col. 

If we did have a GE now, whilst I’ve no doubt we’d see Corbyn at no10 there’s no chance it would be with a clear majority imho. They’d need the SNP at least for support, and more likely others as well to end up with some kind of uber-coalition. Can you just imagine the arguments amongst that particular rabble: It would be nothing short of utter chaos! 

Even if we assume that Corbyn tones down the nationalisation stuff, McDonnell realises money doesn’t grow on trees and Abbott finally learns to count past ten without taking her socks off, the sheer internal political arguments of a coalition with 2+ parties would ensure an even bigger failing of a Brexit. And that’s before we get to the daily business of, y’know, actually running a country. 

• Like 2

Some wonderful crap today from our beloved politicals. So Barnier comes out and says its this deal or no deal. Despite that, our MPs continue to banter on about renegotiating it wasting more and more time. Not sure if they understand business but generally you need two parties to negotiate...still...who knows.

So Labour have said they want a customs union but with the ability to influence EU trade deals they make - what bloody madness is that all about? So we are like yes, we are leaving, we want though to keep good flowing but without contributing anything financially to support that. Its a stretch but doable, but then they think they can still influence EU trade discussions...I really hope I misread that bit from Mr McDonnell.

The comedy party meanwhile, I mean UKRAP, obviously taking on board the well informed economic advice of Tommy Robinson, Batten said we should just tell the EU we have left, but we will keep their laws in place, well the ones that we want we will amend or repeal everything else. We will tell them 'how its going to work' in a 'friendly and cooporative' way and watch our economy subsequently boom. How is telling an economic body 'this is how it will work' is an act of cooporation, or did I miss something?

Somewhat bizarrely the only people attempting to make Brexit happen are May and Hammond. Yes the deal has a dreadful flaw in it called the backstop but ultimately to get a deal where we stay borderless for trade without it is that we stick up borders around Ireland which will ignite god knows what, neither the UK or the EU want that. There is still no other realistic proposition on the table, all we have are people chasing their own agendas - Corbyn wants to be PM at any cost even if it means causing potentially huge economic hardship. JRM wants a yes man he can place in as PM of the Tory party to push his own dressed up far right agenda. UKIP are just a joke, living in some sort of fantasy land where they think the UK can dictate completely the terms of a negotiation, to be quite frank the guy must be just simple, thick or a genius - I think its unlikely to be the latter. 

But yes Ade, its an utter circus and shows how our beloved 'democracy' falls apart when greed gets put to the top of the agenda.