Brexit again

Jetpilot

1 minute ago, StevoD said:

Where in the forbes link does it talk about pro brexit? 

I can't see it? 

I linked an article talking about what sources are reputable. Don't be lazy, I won't search pro-brexit articles for you, to contest my own points :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Maggz said:

I linked an article talking about what sources are reputable. Don't be lazy, I won't search pro-brexit articles for you, to contest my own points :wacko:

BOOOOO, you're no fun :lol:.

Can't say anyone else would be any different. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ekona said:

Thank you. That makes for a much more reasonable counter-argument, however it does not state any sources to back up your claims, so ultimately isn't very helpful. If you wish to present a different side to a story, then it's up to you to provide evidence not for us to find it for you.

And given that list says the BBC is the 4th most trusted brand in the world, and how often the BBC itself is criticised for both left and right-leaning articles, I'm not convinced it's very helpful.

I'm not searching pro-brexit articles which would contest my own points, don't be silly. What I did do, is try and prove a point on the differences between reputable and not reputable news sources, as this thread had several appalling ones - in my opinion 

18 hours ago, Ekona said:

Guys, stop with the insults and petty bickering. It’s pathetic, and is the reason these threads get locked. 

You all all have good points, so use them to make your argument rather than sniping at each other please. 

The world is doomed... Dan has become the voice of reason!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

And therein lies the rub, you dismiss everything that doesnt fall in line with your view as non credible, as said elsewhere and re the "discussion/debate", no one is ever going to post anything from a source you believe to be credible, because you dont believe it and every source you to believe credible are pro eu, so no one can ever counter your arguments, surely you can see that, no one wins and no one is wanting to win, just putting their side and views forward. 

Please stop being so critical or this thread will soon be locked and as op, i will ask for it to be, eu or not eu has been done to death on here, just looking for some rational debate on recent events as per the first thread.

No current danger of it being locked, there are no insults or abuse being thrown about. It's a forum, its a discussion and everyone is entitled to their opinion and as has beeen said on here many many times before, if you don't like something someone else has said and a sensible reply can't be made then ignore it.  You clearly have an opinion about another member's point of view that YOU don't agree with. It's been duly noted but nothing that has been said has been inflamatory, abusive or insulting.  If you feel that member has indeed dismissed "everything that doesnt fall in line with your view as non credible" then ignore it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maggz said:

I'm not searching pro-brexit articles which would contest my own points, don't be silly. What I did do, is try and prove a point on the differences between reputable and not reputable news sources, as this thread had several appalling ones - in my opinion 

You don't have to find sources that prove the opposite view of your argument: What we're asking for is something factual that supports your view point. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maggz said:

Well thank god there are more informed people than you on the case

https://twitter.com/VeteransBritain/status/1064818661121249281

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6407625/Defence-Secretary-declares-war-EU-leaders-calls-European-army-rival-Nato.html

Edited by Bullet

3 hours ago, Maggz said:

Nice try.

RT, Ruptly, Global news, random voiceovers,... And you think I'm dismissing it because it's not in line with my position?

No, I'm dismissing it as it's managed by a guy (Putin for anyone that needs help) who's main goal is to divide and conquer Europe. I think that's quite a low bar when it comes to expectations. Don't feed me BS from a regime that wants to cause havoc in Europe and is using its state television to support their agenda and feed propaganda. 

There's plenty pro-brexit articles from reputable news outlets. And before you ask me what those are, I googled it, again to remove opinions, and I present you with one example (there are many more if you care to Google for 30 seconds yourself):

https://www.forbes.com/sites/berlinschoolofcreativeleadership/2017/02/01/10-journalism-brands-where-you-will-find-real-facts-rather-than-alternative-facts/

Lol i'm trying not to wet myself....Not only are all but one american papers but the only one that isn't is the BBC ......Lmao

Loved the "Contributor" The Berlin School Of Creative Leadership part

38 minutes ago, Bullet said:

Lol i'm trying not to wet myself....Not only are all but one american papers but the only one that isn't is the BBC ......Lmao

Don’t tell me you’ve fallen for the “they’re all lamestream media for libtards and snowflakes” if an outlet doesn’t push an alt-right agenda :lol: :lol:  :lol:

Heard about them chemtrails they use to spread communism and stop flat earth truthing??? 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SuperStu said:

Don’t tell me you’ve fallen for the “they’re all lamestream media for libtards and snowflakes” if an outlet doesn’t push an alt-right agenda :lol: :lol:  :lol:

Heard about them chemtrails they use to spread communism and stop flat earth truthing??? 

Screenshot_20181121-173121.png.2107175b41059640e8459201bf484b8e.png

17 hours ago, Bullet said:

You just cited the Daily Mail and a Twitter account that admits it "Highlighting the wilful surrender of UK political control over defence which the May government perpetrated 2017 " to support a point, you cant really speak :lol:

I dont get whats being argued here - Macron and Merkel are saying they cant rely on the US anymore (they cant), while the British Defence Minister has to say its rubbish or he risks undermining NATO. when in actual fact if the US are going to pull out of NATO its the obvious choice.

When you consider our "special relationship" with the US has lead us into two wars we didnt need to fight and has increased the threat of terrorism substantially I think it would make a lot more sense to team up with our closest neighbours rather than a loony who actual loves Putin and was threatening to nuke North Korea not that long ago .....

• Like 1

If it was an EU army run by UK generals would the opinion be different, I imagine it would. The EU army debate is no different to the freedom of movement one, to the single market rules one etc. Because we aren't running the show its deemed unsuitable. No comments about Russian threats etc. will change that view.

• Like 1

^^^^ So its suitable to have faith in the EU, but not our own government? To turn your question round.

I totally agree with Doc re the wars we got involved in and shouldnt have, but would it have been any different if we were part of an EU army, i doubt it, the threat seemed credible at the time (iran and iraq) and presented with the same information (read lies) re wmd i cant see the EU would have thought any different, the UK and US werent the only ones sending troops over to both wars. 

Personally whatever you think of Trump i cannot believe the US would stand by and watch if Russia started steam rolling their way through Europe as eventually if successful they would have designs on the US too.

Edited by Jetpilot

1 hour ago, docwra said:

You just cited the Daily Mail and a Twitter account that admits it "Highlighting the wilful surrender of UK political control over defence which the May government perpetrated 2017 " to support a point, you cant really speak 

I dont get whats being argued here - Macron and Merkel are saying they cant rely on the US anymore (they cant), while the British Defence Minister has to say its rubbish or he risks undermining NATO. when in actual fact if the US are going to pull out of NATO its the obvious choice.
hen you consider our "special relationship" with the US has lead us into two wars we didnt need to fight and has increased the threat of terrorism substantially I think it would make a lot more sense to team up with our closest neighbours rather than a loony who actual loves Putin and was threatening to nuke North Korea not that long ago .....

I really don't understand your logic, So "special relationship" with the US has lead us into two wars we didnt need to fight = Bad

Military union with Germany that we've had two wars with = Good 

??

18 hours ago, SuperStu said:

So you're saying that the BBC is a reliable source for truth ? ...Tell me, How many years did they cover for Jimmy saville ??? 

While you waffling about chemtrails trying to discredit other people, You do realise they can now treat Stockholm syndrome  ...yeah ?

Oh sorry forgot to add :lol::lol::lol::lol: cos it's all a big joke

Edited by Bullet

3 minutes ago, Bullet said:

I really don't understand your logic, So "special relationship" with the US has lead us into two wars we didnt need to fight = Bad

Military union with Germany that we've had two wars with = Good 

Why stopping at the WWII when insinuating specific counties are not to be trusted?  

Here's a list of countries we should cut ties with immediately as we've been involved in conflicts there, and start preparing our defence against them. Who cares about the situation we live in today!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_British_Army_1900–1999

I really thought I was out of this thread...:wacko:

42 minutes ago, coldel said:

If it was an EU army run by UK generals would the opinion be different, I imagine it would. The EU army debate is no different to the freedom of movement one, to the single market rules one etc. Because we aren't running the show its deemed unsuitable. No comments about Russian threats etc. will change that view.

Not at all, I don't think there should be an EU army full stop. I think that every country should have their own army to protect their own country, culture and economy.

They want to set up a Eu army in case of threats/war with Russia, china. We have never had a war with either Russia or China but we have had 2 world wars with Germany.

Ask yourself this, If ww2 was to happen all over again but first they were able to set up a European army and therefore have troops stationed in all European countries........Would it have ended differently ? 

1 minute ago, Bullet said:

Not at all, I don't think there should be an EU army full stop. I think that every country should have their own army to protect their own country, culture and economy.

They want to set up a Eu army in case of threats/war with Russia, china. We have never had a war with either Russia or China but we have had 2 world wars with Germany.

Ask yourself this, If ww2 was to happen all over again but first they were able to set up a European army and therefore have troops stationed in all European countries........Would it have ended differently ? 

You're not getting the whole EU project. It's going towards the USA (different structures bit same logic), EU will eventually become one entity. And any country that wants to have their own anything, will probably have to leave as the UK did. 

So the EU army is one of the many things required. 

Also the USA wasn't keen on helping anyone in WWII. They conveniently stayed out of it as long as they could, while the Reich took over the whole Europe, part of Africa and was trying to occupy Russia. And that was during good relations. Imagine having Trump in power and not Roosevelt.

5 minutes ago, Maggz said:

Why stopping at the WWII when insinuating specific counties are not to be trusted?  

Here's a list of countries we should cut ties with immediately as we've been involved in conflicts there, and start preparing our defence against them. Who cares about the situation we live in today!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_British_Army_1900–1999

I really thought I was out of this thread...:wacko:

None of those were world wars where one country was trying to take over the whole of Europe, Have you ever look at the Fourth Reich ? Germany had plans for after the second world war to set up a European union, Up to this point scholars have denied this is happening because there is no military union..........This is the military union...The EU army

4 minutes ago, Maggz said:

You're not getting the whole EU project. It's going towards the USA (different structures bit same logic), EU will eventually become one entity. And any country that wants to have their own anything, will probably have to leave as the UK did. 

So the EU army is one of the many things required. 

Does that not scare you ?

4 minutes ago, Maggz said:

Also the USA wasn't keen on helping anyone in WWII. They conveniently stayed out of it as long as they could, while the Reich took over the whole Europe, part of Africa and was trying to occupy Russia. And that was during good relations. Imagine having Trump in power and not Roosevelt.

I completely agree but you saying its better to join germany and let them quietly take over than stay on our own and have a war with them ?

3 minutes ago, Bullet said:

None of those were world wars where one country was trying to take over the whole of Europe, Have you ever look at the Fourth Reich ? Germany had plans for after the second world war to set up a European union, Up to this point scholars have denied this is happening because there is no military union..........This is the military union...The EU army

Wow... tinfoil. So the EU project is a covert ops nazi project aimed at scamming 27 countries into giving up all resources and land freely, while ze Germans make an EU army in order to conquer the world? 

How did I never see this until now... Or anyone else out of the 400M EU residents?

Eyes opened. Thanks @Bullet!

• Haha 1