Fill the zed

SteveW

Just a quick question I'm just wondering how much petrol it takes to fill a zed from the warning light first coming on and how many miles will this volume of petrol give you on average.

i.e. full tank back to warning light first coming on?

My GT4 currently takes £66 from warning light to full and I get 280miles.

This involves approx half on motorway, 35% cruising and 15% giving it some.

Sorry if this has been asked before I did search but probably didn't search for the right string.

Thanks

Hi

mines an boggo 07 313bhp roadster

I am getting on average about 425 miles to a tank and it costs me about £65 ish to fill a tank so far

Once it hits the reserve when the light comes on I can do about 48miles

I found this out this week for the first time - this is mostly motorway driving, 70% with a bit of A roads and country lanes thrown in - some thrashing once in a while. :teeth:

Hope this helps?

Stan

Sarnie was the king of driving on dte ---- I think.

I always (well usually) fill it at a quarter so 50 squid odds I would say. Not sure exactly on miles, maybe 250 - 300. It depends.

dte went blank and it cost me £78 to fill!!!!! yes £78!!!!!

it used to really bother me but now i just take the view that if i want a car i enjoy as much as this then its just something you have to put up with.

if i let it bother me id be driving a diesel and everyone knows thats the fuel of satan! :lol:

Well if you had an evo you'd put £30 - 40 in it at 150 - 200 miles (driven hard.)

I don't like petrol stations that much so I'm not fussed about visiting that often. At least you get plenty miles before putting in ££££££ of fuel!

Well if you had an evo you'd put £30 - 40 in it at 150 - 200 miles (driven hard.)

I don't like petrol stations that much so I'm not fussed about visiting that often. At least you get plenty miles before putting in ££££££ of fuel!

I wouldnt even say you have to drive an Evo hard to need to fill it every 200miles. My mate commutes ~30miles a day all on motorway and he has to fill up more than every 200miles :scare:

I wouldnt even say you have to drive an Evo hard to need to fill it every 200miles. My mate commutes ~30miles a day all on motorway and he has to fill up more than every 200miles :scare:

I used to have a WRX STi Coupe about 10 years ago and I only got about 200 miles from a full tank in that. Petrol was a lot cheaper back then though...

it used to really bother me but now i just take the view that if i want a car i enjoy as much as this then its just something you have to put up with.

+1 :thumbs:

I've stopped looking have that dial switched to clock intead!! Now I worry I am getting late for work instead !! :lol::lol:

My Touareg isn't much better Sarnie. 100litre tank costs about £120 to fill :scare: and I get 20mpg.

But, hey, just had it remapped to give 350bhp (up from 313) and 870nm torque. Christ it's got some mid range pull now and I'm looking for a race :drive: :boxing:

Well I'm more than happy with that I was concerned that a Zed was gonna be much like a Supra in terms of petrol, i.e. about 240 miles to 80 - 90 quid.

It gets even better mpg than mine so I'm super stoked, right I really need to get one now!!!

Many thanks everyone :D

Btw who's the 1st sado 2 have all 6??? Table top pics please :D

Sounds like it will be you :p;):lol:

+1 - I might try and get all 6 over the course of the NW Run weekend. Will take me a tank to get there and drive around on Sat, a tank for the run and a tank for the trip home. If I do 2 fillups per tank, thats all of them! Out of interest do they give you 2 cars if you put over £60 in? Or do I have to put £35 in then another £35 in one visit? :lol:

I only have too! All the shell stations on my 1100 mile trip changed to gleaner oils the week before. They were selling V power but no points and no Fezzas! :dry:

I will get them all at wales too. No doubt about that!

Oh by the way, petrol prices will be up by the end of the day as I'm skiving off for an hour to pick the Zed up from the bodyshop. With nobody to actively baby all this production it'll grind to a halt! Sorry folks! :lol: