Ebay Ark Grip replica?

jtuner

Hi guys, after trawling the exhaust section and spending about 2 hours reading through the different exhaust topics I did a search on eBay and came up with this. Has anyone got any experience with these or if anyone has got one fitted to their Z? It looks pretty much exactly the same but without the Ark branding tag. I'm in the market for  a new system now and don't really want to spend the 1k price tag I've been seeing for alot of the exhausts out there.

Screenshot_20181117_161941.jpg

They no doubt all come from the same production line (China etc) and are sold by different resellers under different names. Japspeed K4 is normally a popular variety:

https://www.japspeed.co.uk/nissan-350z-k4-exhaust-system.html

https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/uprated/japspeed-exhausts/nissan/350z.html

There's a lot of posts on them if you do some searching. Heres one for example: 

I've got one fitment not as good as the real thing but not a major problem and in my opinion too loud with de-cats but quality wise bloody good for the money mine has sat in my back garden for the last year still absolutely fine

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, thought I would mention something about having a back box delete done to your car...don't. The noise level becomes unbearable, I have standard cats with an aftermarket y pipe (not sure of the company as it was on there when I bought the z) and a back box delete. The noise level sounds good when your idling and before 2k. After that there's just no point in flooring it because it's deafening to not only yourself but others around you.  Only after a few days i am now going back to have some sort of silencer fitted somewhere along the system to bring it down a bit. Watching YouTube videos and hearing straight through systems doesn't justify the noise level in person. So beware, anyone is who thinking of doing it, please reconsider for your own sanity and wallet.

3 hours ago, jtuner said:

Hey guys, thought I would mention something about having a back box delete done to your car...don't. The noise level becomes unbearable, I have standard cats with an aftermarket y pipe (not sure of the company as it was on there when I bought the z) and a back box delete. The noise level sounds good when your idling and before 2k. After that there's just no point in flooring it because it's deafening to not only yourself but others around you.  Only after a few days i am now going back to have some sort of silencer fitted somewhere along the system to bring it down a bit. Watching YouTube videos and hearing straight through systems doesn't justify the noise level in person. So beware, anyone is who thinking of doing it, please reconsider for your own sanity and wallet.

Haha, I had a straight pipe cat-back for a few months and it was mental. Sounded like a GT3 car and was hilarious seeing people's reactions.

My MPG has never been so good though, lots of shifting at 1.5k to avoid alerting half of Western Europe and being hyper alert of police all the time.

The drone at 50+ was indeed unbearable though. :lol: