Not a 350Z owner yet!!!

JC333

Hi, 

I’ve joined because I’m looking at buying a 350Z. I’m lucky enough to run 2 cars. A E90 320D required for work and currently (don’t hate me for it) a VW Scirocco TSI GT which I shall be looking to sell early next year. I caught a cold with the VW didn’t do enough ground work first and after a few weeks of owning the car discovered they have a problem with Cam Chain Tensioners costing me a few hundred pounds to rectify. So I’ve always wanted a 350Z but have been put off because the cars I could afford are a bit older than my 2009 Scirocco so I’m looking to find all the good and bad points out first so I buy the right car and don’t make a mistake and miss something obvious. 

welcome to forum

Common issues are banana arms, rocker cover, clicking hubs, radiator, arch rust. 

Aside from that still more reliable than the average German. Make sure service history is present. A healthy engine is smooth at idle. Check gearbox its normal for it to be notchy when cold. My one started having issue engaging 2nd gear like the linkage was going. 

Imports have a different vin number to UK GT. UK ones have brembos as standard.

Edited by GranTurismoEra