Door Not Shutting

Colin747

I'm having an issue with my 350 were the drivers door does not seem to shut fully, it needs closed hard a few times before it will properly latch. (it's similar to how if you don't close a car door fully and it kinda half lathes so you need to use the handle to open it but it's not fully closed.)

Does anyone know what this could be?

Very slightly Loosen off the two bolts that hold the door latch striker plate (shiny bar thing in the door shut ) . Don’t loosen too much so that it moves by hand, just crack them loose a little then close the door and open it a couple of times. This should locate the plate to the correct position. I’ve used this method many times and always solved any sticky clunky door closing/opening. Oh just in case you undo the bolts too far and the catch plate drops out of position make sure you first surround it with masking tape and draw some locating marks so you can always return it to its original position should you need too.