370z Nismo automatic in UK? do they exist?

IanLivy

Hey folks - so old time Z user here - traded in my 370 for an 09 GT-R 18 months ago, but have to say really missing the Z, plus my wife refuses to drive the GT-R (which is a bad thing as sometimes I need her MPV!).

So - it's going in the next month and am in the market for a newer 370Z (if anyone wants to trade for a new'ish Z btw I'm open to offers) - thing is I need an automatic - yes I know the thinking is that manuals are better but I want an auto - simple as that... 

Newb question but haven't seen any Nismo automatics for sale - did they ever do them in the UK?  I guess it's not a popular choice for most...

Cheers,

Ian

1 hour ago, IanLivy said:

Hey folks - so old time Z user here - traded in my 370 for an 09 GT-R 18 months ago, but have to say really missing the Z, plus my wife refuses to drive the GT-R (which is a bad thing as sometimes I need her MPV!).

So - it's going in the next month and am in the market for a newer 370Z (if anyone wants to trade for a new'ish Z btw I'm open to offers) - thing is I need an automatic - yes I know the thinking is that manuals are better but I want an auto - simple as that... 

Newb question but haven't seen any Nismo automatics for sale - did they ever do them in the UK?  I guess it's not a popular choice for most...

Cheers,

Ian

I'm sure the  nismo is manual only  

That will be a step down for you won't  it or dose the gtr get boring eventually? 

Edited by nissanman312

15 minutes ago, IanLivy said:

Cheers - for me it’s too much power - and too noisy - I need a quieter engine to check my music mixes on, and never really bonded with it as much as I did my Z.  

Ahhh ok interesting to hear your thoughts as it's a lot of people's natural progression from a z 

Good luck with your search 

43 minutes ago, Ebized said:

370 Nismo is manual only (unless the option has been added recently?) but pretty sure the non-nismo 370 offers auto.

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-japanesecars/nismo-reveals-344hp-370z/26988

Cheers Colin - looks the way in UK, but here's a (rather unfavourable) review of one in USA https://youtu.be/YmBfrB-A1X0?t=224  - and they did in Japan with the Fairlady Nismo from what I can see...

You may want to avoid the Nismo if you are looking for a more comfortable ride, most reviews and most owners on here have suggested its pretty firm ride. No bad thing though, buy a 370z auto and throw the remaining £15k for the cost of a Nismo and make it awesome :)

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 13:09, Jetpilot said:

You may want to avoid the Nismo if you are looking for a more comfortable ride, most reviews and most owners on here have suggested its pretty firm ride. No bad thing though, buy a 370z auto and throw the remaining £15k for the cost of a Nismo and make it awesome :)

This is a good plan,amazed the Gtr is noisier than a 370,i found the the road noise from my 370gt edition a real pain,so I have gone back to basics with a 350,lots of mods and not nearly as much road noise despite the fact its wearing 370 boots !