350z Rear Arch Cuts

cs2000

Afternoon all. If anyone is breaking/stripping a 350 and has good rear arches with no rust, id be willing to buy a cut of the rear arches to mine can be cut out and new ones welded in place. I fear my rusting is too bad on my arches that it would be more work to fix whats there than to cut out and replace with good metal.

Only condition as i say is they must be clean, no rust and no dents. Not bothered about paint colour as they will be sanded back and repainted anyway.

I would suggest asking the bodyshop you will be working with what they would prefer. IMO they would want to use fresh steel and fabricate their own panels, the oem is two skins joined with sealent and isn't great, even more so trying to weld with it as it will catch fire/ruin the weld.

Edited by evilscorp

Cheers for the replies. Ive got the usual bubbling on the arch where the plastic fixing for the bumper goes, but i also had rusting of the arch pretty much all along the whole arch. I rolled my arches about 12-18 months ago and because of the existing rust, in some places the arch just tore, so the cut id need would really be the entire arch!

Ive got no idea of the cost for such work either, been quoted so far at £1000 per arch :surrender: