Intermittent Rear Demister fault

skate2create

Hopefully someone may have had the same issue or can point me in the right direction..

Have an issue with my rear demister, potentially the whole demister circuit (as I believe this also turns on the demisters on the mirrors).  The button on the centre console is not illuminating once pressed nor is it demisting the rear window or side mirrors.  I assumed a blown fuse located under the battery, however it started working (illuminating on press) randomly a month back.

It's now stopped working again, which is ideal when the weather change means I actually need to use it! :( 

I've checked the ribbon cable from the centre console for kinks/damage and that there's no bent pins on the plug itself, with neither of which seeming to be causing the issue.  The rest of the HVAC controls work fine.

At my wits end.. any ideas?  Car is an 04 GT.

TIA.

Dan

Edited by skate2create

• 1 month later...

As an update to this, I replaced the controls (from an import model, look slightly different but obviously do the same job). Still no difference.

Looks to be either an issue with the plug, or a break in the cable itself as if I hold the cable in a specific way it will work and you can hear a relay clicking in the back of the car.

Managed to put it back and keep the cable in said position so it works for now.