What aftermarket parts are proven?

Max-Read

Morning all!

I am looking at heading back to the Zed scene after a couple of years with an S3. I had a 350 previously and have missed it since. 

Is there any evidence to prove what intakes/ exhausts get the most out of the 370? 

On my 350 I had berk test pipes HKS panel filter and a plenum spacer the car felt great after the map. 

All input is welcome

They’re all much of a muchness really, so the usual stuff like exhaust and hfcs applies with the caveats of avoiding eBay specials. You’ll always get the generic billionty horsepower claims of a CAI, take them with a pinch of salt. 

2010 should be fine with the oil gallery gaskets, but asked the owner. Also look out for CSC replacement, they usually fail, normally you replace these while you do the clutch/flywheel.  Also check the steering lock recall if it has been done.

Other than that, check the normal stuff, rust, service history, visible oil leaks etc.

Good luck finding the right car, post some pics once you got it!

• Thanks 1

Well, I may of jumped the gun abit... viewed one yesterday, absolutely spotless full service history immaculate paint bar 2 marks and short tail pipes. After a day faffing of around, I was off to see family in Devon with it. I took the motorway on the way down and it was so smooth my 350z didn’t come anywhere near this. I came home today on all the back roads, from single tracks to normal A roads. The car was great wherever it was taken! One thing I need to get used to is how slow it seems to feel when cruising, driving at 60mph feels like 30mph compared to my previous S3. I’d like to try and track down the previous owner who swapped it in for an R8 if they are still on here and find out as much detail as possible! 

• 1 year later...

I have a Cobra Cat Back Exhaust

Cobra Decats

Stillen Gen 3 CAI 

UpRev with 3 maps

347hp at the Fly on the Dyno at Horsham Developments. 

2009 370z

The above changed the car completely with the power delivery and made it a lot more fun to drive.

I think that’s pretty much all you can do without adding a SC or Turbo. 

Edited by ILUVUNICORNS